Hacking CONFIRMED: No roadblocks for 7.0.1 Support on SXOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only reason I keep it open it's because people keep the bickering and speculations in here and not over other threads.

please keep it open for the next week or so, because some people will have to eat the humble pie . Will Tx release an update within the next week, with or without the Atmos splash screen :O

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
please keep it open for the next week or so, because some people will have to eat the humble pie . Will Tx release an update within the next week, with or without the Atmos splash screen :O
I wouldn't mind if they release either. I've paid for it as well, even if I don't really use it. It's good to always have the option.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why not viable, is it a one time crack only of Tsec and getting the keys, no one else can do it now ?

don't under estimate others. look at the PC scene with Denuvo, at least 5 groups or individuals have cracked\by passed it.

That's like comparing sticks and stones, also I could crack Denuvo, why? the instructions are out there and public. Tsec/sept not so much because it is been kept under wraps.

The signing keys are been kept under wraps for a very good reason, this doesn't just affect the switch, much like Fusee-Gelee it effects, hundreds of more devices IF TX had the keys to resign to make their own payload they would have released already.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Another one that doesnt read. also its true that atmosphere might never support emunand.
we don't give shit about TX's resized emunand, it will make ur switch banned anyway. now new games like pokemon swd&shd are just around the corner and it will inevitably signed with 7+ key.

Gud luk for TX to find ways to bribe TEAM RESWITCH to leak 7+ key and sign method.

Last edited by leon315,

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's like comparing sticks and stones, also I could crack Denuvo, why? the instructions are out there and public. Tsec/sept not so much because it is been kept under wraps.

The signing keys are been kept under wraps for a very good reason, this doesn't just affect the switch, much like Fusee-Gelee it effects, hundreds of more devices IF TX had the keys to resign to make their own payload they would have released already.

the instructions are out there?, i don't think so unless your talking about a video of an old version from Voksi or old bits of info. you think groups like CPY and Codex share info on how they crack denuvo?. I doubt it very much. it's about the competition btw them. if the info was out there more groups would have cracked it.

well we will see, if and what TX come up with, either way some people are going to be pleased :hrth:and others not so :cry:.. and is it game over for SX :O

Last edited by JoeBloggs777,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
The reason it is part of the conversation is that it goes to show bad faith on the part of TX. They made a claim that they had cracked the uncrackable and posted a video to prove it, shortly after GBAtemp users pointed out that this was in fact not true and they then removed the video. Going to show that either they aren't sophisticated enough to even know the difference between a patched or unpatched unit, or that they are blatant liars.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/rumor-disproven-sx-pro-is-working-on-new-switch-revision.511161/
I can see you have only been here since october, but if you had been just a few months earlier you would have been around for the post where they claimed to have already cracked patched units and showed a video to prove it works, which was subsequently found to be untrue.

Sorry, I meant to remove this quote as several others had given information on how to easily update without any permanent effect.

Please just stop, I am embarrassed for you.

Thank you for bringing this up. It shows they don't hesistate to lie to their (potential) customers to keep the money flowing.

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mods over on TX forum startin' to act funny now:

<image of the recent update message from TX forum screenshot>

Not to get anyone’s hopes up. That is probably unrelated to SX OS. Remember when the forums was updated earlier this year to the new forum system? A lot of users gave input about things they would like added and features they want to see in the new forums. That message you screenshot could be “new things” added to the forums and good news for the updates people have been waiting for to the forums

Now wouldn't that be a kick in the balls.

Source:
https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/sx-os-status-and-rules-warning.130461/page-9#post-1004164

Last edited by 0x3000027E,

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Mods over on TX forum startin' to act funny now:

<image of the recent update message from TX forum screenshot>

Not to get anyone’s hopes up. That is probably unrelated to SX OS. Remember when the forums was updated earlier this year to the new forum system? A lot of users gave input about things they would like added and features they want to see in the new forums. That message you screenshot could be “new things” added to the forums and good news for the updates people have been waiting for to the forums

Now wouldn't that be a kick in the balls.

Source:
https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/sx-os-status-and-rules-warning.130461/page-9#post-1004164

He's not a mod, just a "patreon".

But yeah, most likely he's right.

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
knowing that all the buyers are waiting for an update of the SX OS like crazy, how can they declare that updates are coming in the end if they are not for the OS?
it's really throwing oil on the fire. it's going to create a new wave of complaint and madness

Reactions: Deleted User

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
knowing that all the buyers are waiting for an update of the SX OS like crazy, how can they declare that updates are coming in the end if they are not for the OS?
it's really throwing oil on the fire. it's going to create a new wave of complaint and madness
Doesn't really matter if the Chinese have your money, does it... Just like the fact that they are "unable" to transfer licenses, which is complete bs of course, they could do it if they wanted. My first switch bricked, and the SX os license is bound to it, so yeah, had to buy a new license for the new switch. That's just how they roll, money before customer. I'd like to continue using it, but in case - for example - yoshi needs 7.x to run and can't be ignored, and they still don't have their update out till then, I'll update and use atmos.

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hahaha I can't take this shit anymore, @ombus and Op blaming Scires M for taking his time on EmuNand usb loadingt etc :rofl2::rofl2:

It's not like someone is PAYING him any money to do these things. There is such things to do it for the community or for himself.
Hahaha, I really hope you guys are trolling because if not, I wouldn't know who could help you.
And TX with all that money still needs his code to do it?

It's just sad, I'd rather be paying Scires 30 bucks.
Maybe if every TX user would be donating their money to the Atmosphére project, things could go faster.

To stay on track, I think the next release (was it yoshi?) could already feature 7.0.0 firmware, allthough I don't think so.
Atleast then TX should be under pressure, they should be lucky that there's no game in need for this.

> Yikes

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not read the forum, but the issue (it seems to me) is the sept payload is obfuscated - and, just a guess here, they haven`t devised a method to grab the keys yet. Sure, you can build Sept yourself. But what keys are you going to use?

Or maybe, Sept busts their encryption wide-open if you know where to look. Who knows?

Ita54_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If we have a TSEC Exploit in 6.2. Can we dont use this in 6.2 to Discovery the TSEC keys and Encryption Routine to Use in TSEC
Firmware 7.0.1?
Ist only one idea i have.
I dont have any debugging Experience :)

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we have a TSEC Exploit in 6.2. Can we dont use this in 6.2 to Discovery the TSEC keys and Encryption Routine to Use in TSEC
Firmware 7.0.1?
Ist only one idea i have.
I dont have any debugging Experience :)
Nah. TSEC changed.

Ita54_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But the TSEC is a piece of Hardware falcon Chip how can you change with Software a Hardware hardcoded Encryption Routine?

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hahaha I can't take this shit anymore, @ombus
Maybe if every TX user would be donating their money to the Atmosphére project, things could go faster.

With payment brings pressure and obligation. Even a donation, if people donated, the devs would feel under considerable pressure to deliver something.

Then it becomes a "job" rather than a hobby. And thats when the fun goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol