CONFIRMED: No roadblocks for 7.0.1 Support on SXOS

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by tinkle, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Personal anecdotal is not a counter argument and your examples are examples of when Nintendo (and others) had far less security measures in place. Nintendo has been banning modified Switches and at a far higher rate than their previous systems. This is due to the newer and better security measures they have in place for the Switch. Just because your system hasn't been banned, doesn't mean that modifications don't come with an increased risk of getting banned. Additionally, your system could easily be banned at a later date.

crissal, DayVeeBoi, ghjfdtg and 3 others like this.
  2. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    She's right you know. :)

On the switch running CFW even if you don't do anything creates data that can be used to ban you at a later date

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  3. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    This entire thread and most threads on GBAtemp realting to Switch are like stories on Fox News - they are all opinion based and anecdotal evidence, few have any factual components at all.

Including this post :)

AkGBA, yusuo and AngryCookie like this.
  4. larrypretty

larrypretty GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2018
    United States
    Keep patient and polite, wait for the update, the time won't be long, that's all from the screenshot, I think within 2 weeks, the SX OS will come.

stephrk398 and gizmomelb like this.
  5. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    Then 7.2 update will come and we'll have to wait another 4 months for a TX update

CloudLep likes this.
  6. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    you mean 8.0 right

CloudLep likes this.
  7. larrypretty

larrypretty GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2018
    United States
    :OI don't want that.

8. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    it'd be mighty funny if 8.0 dropped with the launch of Yoshi and SX OS was the first CFW to support it :P

9. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Hmm... I see a lot of progress being made on Atmospheres github on all modules. Some are more activly worked on than others.

He still said Thermosphere is a milestone for version 1.0. He never claim it would come fast.
    Emunand isn't a priority.

I do believe he can make a XCI loader without issues, but since he is anti-piracy. He won't do it since it involves modifying Nintendo code.

10. Absintu

Absintu GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2018
    Portugal
    I never said I will not get banned. Of course there is a greater possibility now. I was answering to a user that said: all modded consoles get banned. And that's not true

11. Meepers55

Meepers55 Flintstones Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    Do you really need to ask that? It was the first CFW to support piracy. That was enough reason to purchase it at the time. The hacking scene's grown so much that their preferences changed to what other CFWs offer. It's not all that strange. The purchase was still worth it, and they can always Switch back to SX if a major new feature is released

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I think you mean CNN

12. tinkle
    This message by tinkle has been removed from public view by linuxares, Mar 13, 2019, Reason: Please stop with all the name calling.
    Mar 13, 2019
  13. Meepers55
    This message by Meepers55 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Mar 13, 2019, Reason: reply to deleted post.
    Mar 13, 2019
  14. MaxShill2019
    This message by MaxShill2019 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Mar 13, 2019, Reason: We don't allow doxing!.
    Mar 13, 2019
  15. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    Erratum:
    "While our team is desperate finding a way to hide sept logo to release our upcoming update supporting Nintendo's 7.0.x firmware...":rofl2:

16. Jack54782

Jack54782 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    A9LH CRUSADE
    Can I just ask a simple question. Who really cares about which one is better. Atmosphere users can be happy that they have the free alternative that trumps SXOS in many ways and SXOS users can be happy they have a paid solution that trumps Atmosphere in some ways.

17. JawhnL5

JawhnL5 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    United States
    New Hampshire

18. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    that's right. sxos, atmos, reinx... some free, some don't.. people have their choice.
    after all, everyone have to buy a console/controllers/acessories, etc. so everyone pays... to use cfw.

19. LordRahl72

LordRahl72 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    I still stand by my theory that Nintendo has paid Xecuter to just walk away from the project.

CloudLep likes this.
  20. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    The bias is strong on this one

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  21. wiiando

wiiando GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    no roadblocks, yet near a week later still nothing, 3 weeks after atmos dropped with support for 7.0, just lies from TX

CloudLep likes this.
  22. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    I can't see why, so care to explain?

23. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    All hail Executorsphere! the new SX hybrid CFW. Shut up and take my money , said it at launch and still say it today.

Love lecutis of borg. x.

Draxzelex and DayVeeBoi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.