Not open for further replies.

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact remains that obscuring your work is only going to cause other companies to come up with their own.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really funny how y'all will hate no matter what :D If they use atmosphere, you'll hate for using atmosphere's code. If they leverage their own exploit, you'll hate them for that, too. Good thing that money is the only universal language, and they're selling gangbusters.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They aren’t obscuring shit, you can see it all here https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/master/sept

Also as a SX user you should probably be the last one complaining about prople obscuring shit
TX never claim to be open sores.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really funny how y'all will hate no matter what :D If they use atmosphere, you'll hate for using atmosphere's code. If they leverage their own exploit, you'll hate them for that, too. Good thing that money is the only universal language, and they're selling gangbusters.

Why are you continuously ignoring the fact that I’m posting a link the spet source code, then saying it’s closed source lmao

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic

No one hates on ReiNX, even if they get some stuff from Atmos.

The problem with SX OS is that they're gatekeeping with a paywall what you can get for free + some shady code. If they use sept, they'll confirm what we already know. If they burn an exploit, they're fucking everyone and themselves up.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia

lmfao

28720161857Johnson-and-Johnson-Band-Aid-Adhesive-Strip-Bandage-L-P.png

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Actually, if TX have to burn an exploit to release 7.0.x support for TSEC, it would honestly be SciresM's fault for obfuscating the already known exploit out of spite. Open Sores never works y'all; when you don't get paid, you crave that ego boost.
Except he talked with other cfw coders to use Sept not to burn the exploit. Stop assuming SX are saints ...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the very few metrics we have available yes. It would be interesting to find out what continued sales have been like, I wonder if any of the resellers would care to comment (even anonymously) how their sales of SX OS licences / SX OS Pro have been over the past 9 months.

I agree though that yes the majority of SX OS owners would have bought before free CFW was available, sales would have continued with XCI and easy NSP support initially. But free CFW eventually became easier to use.

Going forward, if free CFW had emuNAND support I would consider changing to a solution with 7.x compatibility. I would miss XCI support as would I miss USB HDD support for storing / loading XCI / installing NSP / data store for ROMs for emulators.
I'd be skeptical of anonymous numbers.
what date are you using for free CFW? , people were using layered FS before SX was released.But as you've already posted layered FS didn't work with every game. Maybe one reason why SX sold so well at it's launch.
I'm using August 2018 as the rough cutoff.

Damn guys, you have an official announcement that the support for 7 is coming and still continue to make assomptions based on nothing..

Get a life kids..
They've made official announcements in the past that were likely lies, such as ipatched support. One shouldn't take their word for anything.

Actually, if TX have to burn an exploit to release 7.0.x support for TSEC, it would honestly be SciresM's fault for obfuscating the already known exploit out of spite. Open Sores never works y'all; when you don't get paid, you crave that ego boost.
Are you seriously suggesting that if TX burns an exploit, it's SciresM's fault for not burning the exploit first?

The fact remains that obscuring your work is only going to cause other companies to come up with their own.
Nothing has been obscured. Sept has to be signed with the TSEC keys to be decrypted by TSEC. The only thing not included with sept are the aforementioned keys. If TX cannot break TSEC and get those keys, that's their problem.

If they use atmosphere, you'll hate for using atmosphere's code.
Because they're stealing Atmosphere's code for profit, not giving credit, and not abiding by the open source licenses.

If they leverage their own exploit, you'll hate them for that, too.
Unless they burn an exploit, particularly one that might apply to systems other than the Switch, I don't see why we'd hate them for using their own exploit.

Good thing that money is the only universal language
  1. Atmosphere's development has nothing to do with money, and they're ahead of TX with regard to 7.0.x support.
  2. I agree that, for TX, money might be the universal language, which is why hypothetical flat sales might be contributing to a lack of support.
and they're selling gangbusters.
The only data I've seen suggests sales have dropped dramatically since last summer.

No feature parity for free CFW.
Free CFW is ahead of SX OS where it counts: support for newer system versions and, by extension, future games.

Last edited by Lacius,

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only data I've seen
Citation Needed. Share this data, hunny, if you're so happy to continue to make claims based on it. Remember, data, not hearsay, not assumptions, not "from what I have seen around a forum."
Cold, hard, facts.

Reactions: gizmomelb

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citation Needed. Share this data, hunny, if you're so happy to continue to make claims based on it. Remember, data, not hearsay, not assumptions, not "from what I have seen around a forum."
Cold, hard, facts.
I've referenced my poll numerous times over the last 24 hours, and nobody has provided any other data, so it's all I have.

Edit: I'm not saying sales are flat. I'm saying they very well might be.

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've referenced my poll numerous times over the last 24 hours, and nobody has provided any other data, so it's all I have.

Edit: I'm not saying sales are flat. I'm saying they very well might be.
So all you have is anonymous poll data of a tiny size? Soo.... no facts?

Reactions: gizmomelb

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Disclaimer; I did not read the entire thread ... it's way too long for me to catch up.

It is a long wait before SX is coming with 7.x support this time around. I really do wonder why ... and not to start the hate / flame / etc discussion but they went the 'borrowed' code situation before. What is stopping them at this point?

Reactions: Lacius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: stick a decal on it