CONFIRMED: No roadblocks for 7.0.1 Support on SXOS

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by tinkle, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    And thats exactly the crowd you never want in homebrew/hacking forums to begin with.

Those people pay for most easy, and not to have to look at technical details. Then they feel entitled, because they paid. (And abuse free and open software maintainers, because they dont unterstand how to behave anymore. They paid. Someone. Now they want support. From someone.) Then they get press statements with and I counted 5 factual lies in them - that tell everyone, why censoring public opinion is now a necessity.

("To save the children..." its always to safe the children... from them bad words.)

I thank Team TX to have opened forums just for that crowd. Where they can talk about conspiracy theories mustered up by them other folks, jelly of all them features all day. As long as I dont have to read it in every thread around here, I'm fine.

Once in a while I even find it funny to read "you wouldnt believe what great things they still have planned for the system" announcements and laugh about them.

If you've learned how to work a crowd, you really cant read that and not do.

Last edited by notimp, Mar 10, 2019
  2. mrjoshuaco

mrjoshuaco GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Sure, but for different reasons. That they won't care is where we agree. That they won't care and have an understanding or any practical awareness (beyond "some hacker shit" at best) of current OSS offerings...well, we don't.

Actually, the top search for quite awhile (second to switch fortnite hacks, which in fairness, may have opened some OSS exposure to Average Joe) as it related to switch piracy was "switch modchip", which was, and still is, full of TX references. Then again, I'd have to go down the rabbit hole to source it, but my work involved managing teams which monitored DMCA and search engine term ranks (was a VERY large media company), so I remember this one popping up in a report, because we had some IP in the space. Really, don't overestimate the normies here that are utterly uninformed - I'd still wager they're the majority, as they always have been. There's a reason Stargate lasted as many years as it did. I'll concede, however, that it's entirely likely the landscape has changed and users over the past 6 months are exposed in a very different fashion as events start to mature. So maybe it's possible there's a shift as folks were exposed to the scene from the 3DS days to OSS CFW, and I'd wager a decent amount of cross-pollination exists here. Eh, either way, not terribly important in the long run.

Yeah, we agree on that count. The primary wad has likely been blown, tho I'm sure they're still seeing pretty solid sales. Anyway, if you disagree, that's fine. I'm not going to get that far into the weeds arguing something when we both reach the same conclusion - that inclusion of Sept really doesn't hurt them in the least. It's a curious choice by them, I look forward to the next few weeks.

Last edited by mrjoshuaco, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    I don't think that it will become irrelevant when talking about the switch. Unlike 3DS where ninty was unable to check if you own a game and EmuNAND was used for safety reasons, you "need" EmuNAND on switch to not get banned (for most people; I have been using nsps since the beginning and still no ban).

3DS - EmuNAND needed at first but now is totally useless
    Switch - EmuNAND is useful but will be always required if you want to be safe online (on SysNAND)

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Mar 10, 2019
    gizmomelb likes this.
  4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    when it comes to TX where they're going there are no ROADSblocks! :creep:

peteruk likes this.
  5. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    The ones you don't want are the ones who cause drama with their salty opinions.

Without them SX OS would not get the coverage it does as nobody would feel the need to refute or correct inaccuracies.

Yeah, I don't see why just copying the sept binary would hurt TX. It would stir up the trolls on here who would have orgasms while talking about how TX copied sept, but I doubt TX care one little bit about that & none of their customers will care at all.

But as there are a couple of people who have gained access to 7.x TSEC there is no saying whether they have figured out themselves how to sign sept or whether someone has sold them the key.

It's far too early to tell how it will pan out and everyone saying they are too dumb is just pushing their own distorted agenda.

Last edited by smf, Mar 10, 2019
  6. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    If they fail to break TSEC they'll probably just use sept and thank atmosphere for the support

7. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    what date are you using for free CFW? , people were using layered FS before SX was released.But as you've already posted layered FS didn't work with every game. Maybe one reason why SX sold so well at it's launch.

8. tomazzzi

tomazzzi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2007
    Damn guys, you have an official announcement that the support for 7 is coming and still continue to make assomptions based on nothing..

Get a life kids..

Ita54_2, j2nik and oldsk00l like this.
  9. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    nah yeah nah
    everyone's free to discuss what they want

wicksand420 likes this.
  10. tomazzzi

tomazzzi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2007
    Sure everyone is free to spread bullshits.
    Like I’m free to tell them it’s bullshits and they should instead get a life.

Move on !

Last edited by tomazzzi, Mar 10, 2019
  11. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    Saying "assumptions based on nothing" is a huge stretch here.

The general consensus is that they were having trouble figuring out how to break TSEC. Which they likely still are.

So they waited for Atmosphere to implement support and copy (why would they always release after Atmos, and why would the current one be the longest drought between releases?). Atmosphere embedded a splash screen and the guys at TX don't want to promote the competition at every boot.

So this "no roadblocks" is probably BS to keep a good image for their oblivious users.

I have not seen anyone say SX OS already had its last update or anything, but people are bound to be skeptical about them not having trouble, and skeptical about them releasing anything at all.

wicksand420 likes this.
  12. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Eh, as TX-Drama threads go, this one is a 5/10 at best. Try harder please, people!

Baoulettes, NFates and thaikhoa like this.
  13. tomazzzi

tomazzzi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2007
    You just have no idea about what they actually can do or could release.

So yes you are making assomptions based on nothing but others users posts. ( who also have no idea what they can do either )

Call them noobs but they actually have features no one else has.

Everyone was waiting for an official statement of the team, they made it !
    For now the only bullshits are on the answers of this post.
    So now move on and wait.

Last edited by tomazzzi, Mar 10, 2019
    JoeBloggs777 likes this.
  14. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    -Breaking TSEC is confirmed as a problem. ReSwitched needed around three weeks to publically release support and everyone else hasn't done it. The technical explanation as to why it's a problem is out there, too.

-I already provided sound reasons as to why the delay after Atmosphere released sept.

-The statement could perfectly be a bluff on their end. No one knows if they are releasing today or if they're not releasing anything again, but what I said above is facts.

CloudLep and Lacius like this.
  15. j2nik

j2nik Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Sweden
    Indeed. If they had no progress or abandoned the project, I would have expected them to keep staying silent (as they have done for a LONG time now) and quietly fading away from the scene.

16. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Unless TX have their own tsec exploit up their sleeve which they are willing to burn which will be worse for the scene as a whole as ninty will crack down even further on security

Therefore the only option to get around this is to use Sept which is a secure encrypted payload.
    If by some means TX had access to a private exploit to get the private tsec keys which only a small handful of people have, they could resign the payload without or with a splash.

Since TX do not have those keys the only option is to run sept with the atmo splash.

ReiNX will be using sept with the splash from everything I've seen.

By the way the keys sept is signed are basically nvidia's keys so tsec runs without an issue (from my understand) - Don't quote me on this last point

17. tinkle
    OP

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    Actually, if TX have to burn an exploit to release 7.0.x support for TSEC, it would honestly be SciresM's fault for obfuscating the already known exploit out of spite. Open Sores never works y'all; when you don't get paid, you crave that ego boost.

menadwen, Ita54_2 and j2nik like this.
  18. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    That feeling when people seem to think layeredFS is for piracy shit

Lacius likes this.
  19. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    The code is not obscured at all, you can view it on the github. If you have the private keys you can sign it yourself, that's the only private part which is the encrypted file.

This is about preserving exploits so we still have exploits in future

20. tinkle
    OP

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    Excuses, tbh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.