Hacking Confirmed: No exploits are coming for 5.5.x users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

link270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds community is great! But sadly the Wii u one isn't going so wel. :( I love my Wii u and I think it's got a lot of great games, but this section of the forum is really full of some strange people. Honestly looking at the way everyone treats each other I can see how it'd be hard to be a dev around here. :/ at least if you were trying to please anyone. :)

Reactions: EclipseSin

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds community is great! But sadly the Wii u one isn't going so wel. :( I love my Wii u and I think it's got a lot of great games, but this section of the forum is really full of some strange people. Honestly looking at the way everyone treats each other I can see how it'd be hard to be a dev around here. :/ at least if you were trying to please anyone. :)
3ds scene was worse. Then all the devs stuff got leaked. They threw a fit and alot of devs were excommunicated from teams. But in the end it was for the better. Imagine that.

D

Deleted User

I can't guarantee anything about a boot time exploit (that'll be looked into eventually), but an IOSU exploit is certainly being worked on.

We already heard it is "being worked on"... But didn't Hykem say that it is done but he was just waiting for a full environment to release it with it? Or... Or... Are you waiting for Nintendo to patch this exploit? Or... Or... Are you going to release it if someone else releases it? Or... Or... Is it that the Userspace exploit is sufficient since you don't want people to do piracy?

Its amusing that you told us all those statements...

I don't know why you insist on keeping on dragging this 'lie', but you got this community really pissed after your "fake" announcements and promises. (Perhaps you just don't want people to know the Wii U Scene is dead so they wouldn't abandon the community?)

@Marionumber1 I don't know whether you are also working on the exploit, or its just Hykem and you are waiting for his word. But if you weren't lying, then at least do one of the following:

1- Show us a progress.
2- Put the "code" in a GIT repository.
3- Give a time interval to when its released.
4- Let @Hykem say anything

The fact that @Hykem is inactive in GBATemp and always AFK in the IRC Channel (Its like he is using a Unix/Linux system and forgot IRSSI open in some TTY) is really misleading. Not to forget that some developers wanted to volunteer and work with you but you didn't want that and you also "didn't want to give any information about the ''exploit''' "

I HATE LYING SO MUCH!!!

Last edited by ,

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
theres a kernel exploit for 5.5 we know this much , i have seen some devs say they cant release it as its not theirs to do so,, Q : whos say so is it..?

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
He owes you time of waiting, excitement and temper. Haven't you donated Hykem money to buy a Wii U? Or I just misread?
I wanted to give him money but he refused it.
And it wasn't for the exploit itself - it should be a gift for the time he was spending on it.
He has health issues and maybe can't finish the thing and I don't blame him.
He filled up the wiki with many useful things (not for me - but for devs) so there is no reason for me to call him a liar.
I believe he did his best.

D

Deleted User

Why are you all demanding for IOSU if you all know that it's never gonna happen for at least half a year; if not, a year at the most now? Common sense, really...

I would just be more than happy for kernel since I know that it's fully ready for a release (yes I know Nintendo is a big threat if it's released now... >.>), and I also know that it's going to allow me to work on my Unity projects and a bit of piracy in the process... so to be fair, I'm forgetting IOSU and moving back to supporting kernel instead.

Anyway, doesn't IOSU just do everything kernel does, but permanent?

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Why are you all demanding for IOSU if you all know that it's never gonna happen for at least half a year; if not, a year at the most now? Common sense, really...

I would just be more than happy for kernel since I know that it's fully ready for a release (yes I know Nintendo is a big threat if it's released now... >.>), and I also know that it's going to allow me to work on my Unity projects and a bit of piracy in the process... so to be fair, I'm forgetting IOSU and moving back to supporting kernel instead.

Anyway, doesn't IOSU just do everything kernel does, but permanent?
Iosu access can do more things like USB access but that doesn't mean it's permanent.
They got a boottime exploit which isn't stable if I understood it correctly.

D

Deleted User

Iosu access can do more things like USB access but that doesn't mean it's permanent.
They got a boottime exploit which isn't stable if I understood it correctly.
Ah yes. I forgot it could do a little bit more...
I mean, it would be nice to have USB access, EmuNAND, sig patches, etc. etc. but I would still settle for kernel because of the fact we already have SD/Network access in kernel homebrew, we have GX2 homebrew, and the fact we can still play pirated games (and for me, my Unity projects) on the Wii U using kernel. It will simply suit me good for the time being until IOSU is released. :)

D

Deleted User

I wanted to give him money but he refused it.
And it wasn't for the exploit itself - it should be a gift for the time he was spending on it.
He has health issues and maybe can't finish the thing and I don't blame him.
He filled up the wiki with many useful things (not for me - but for devs) so there is no reason for me to call him a liar.
I believe he did his best.

How did you know Hykem has health issues? We don't even know his name... he is always inactive... he even put a fake age in his GBATemp profile... I don't see a reason to believe that... If you would go and see the code GIT repository, he is one of the least ones whom committed to the repository.

A day you say he has health issues, the other day you say he is on a vacation...

Reactions: Subtle Demise

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hyukem is not MIA.

He's just using his vacataion time "researching" some "quality of life features" to make the exploit better for the community!

The exploit was obviously already done around christmas, but why release it when he can make it even better!?

Last edited by tNB,
D

Deleted User

The exploit was obviously already done around christmas, but why release it when he can make it even better!?

There is something called "Updates" in software development, where a developer can release an initial version of the software and update it when needed.

He's just using his vacataion time "researching" some "quality of life features" to make the exploit better for the community!

I hope this is sarcasm.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already heard it is "being worked on"... But didn't Hykem say that it is done but he was just waiting for a full environment to release it with it? Or... Or... Are you waiting for Nintendo to patch this exploit? Or... Or... Are you going to release it if someone else releases it? Or... Or... Is it that the Userspace exploit is sufficient since you don't want people to do piracy?

I've had to reconstruct Hykem's work because he's so rarely there.

I don't know why you insist on keeping on dragging this 'lie', but you got this community really pissed after your "fake" announcements and promises. (Perhaps you just don't want people to know the Wii U Scene is dead so they wouldn't abandon the community?)

I don't recall being behind any lies.

@Marionumber1 I don't know whether you are also working on the exploit, or its just Hykem and you are waiting for his word. But if you weren't lying, then at least do one of the following:

If you think I'm lying, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)