Hardware CONFIRMED: Nintendo Can Brick Your Nintendo 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF do we need MORE of these mis-informed threads? With idiotically gigantic youtube videos?

Please close this thread and redirect people to the other, insipid thread.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No it's not confirmed at all. It's illegal for Nintendo to do so no matter what's in their TOS. It's been discussed so many times already!

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course they can do that. It's not legal, but of course it's possible.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anyone who believes this is an uneducated moron. This has been discussed countless times over and has been disproved each and every time. Your sources are crap and this thread is pointless. Someone please just lock this before it goes too far

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree Cat Boy, we've already gone over that Nintendo can brick your console, but more than likely they won't. As Nintendo's TOS is not above the law of any country.

Yu-Gi-Oh 100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me just say to anyone that believes this shit has the be to stupidest person in the world, and unless they want millions of law suits nintendo would never do this. Even is they did you would have to have updated your system in the first place, and anyone with actual sense would not update anything from nintendo. If anyone in here is having ideas of getting free games it's not like they wouldn't deserve it in the fist place, but that's not going to happen for a good long time anyway.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MakiManPR said:
IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY NINTENDO ITSELF

Can't you guys read?????
It's confirmed it's possible to do, not that they will.

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
No, it hasn't.

A group of people supposedly contacted Nintendo and got back a response saying they can brick it. Until I see this coming from a real Nintendo source, it hasn't been confirmed.

EDIT: Also what kwartel said.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
MakiManPR said:

Can't you guys read?????
Nintendo CAN'T brick your system, legally if they harm your system they will face more lawsuits than you can shake a stick at. Now stop spreading shit already. Must this topic be brought up each and every week. Don't you find it odd that each time this topic is brought up they get rid of it? Because it's total bullshit and won't happen.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MakiManPR said:

Can't you guys read?????

Nintendo can defy the law now?

This just in Company's can break the law and brag about it in blog posts(it wasn't even Nintendos blog). This was done by Nintendo to scare people like you from using a flashcard in your 3ds. It looks like Nintendos tactics are actually working on some people..... kind of sad really.

I will tell you what If Nintendo brick 3ds on purpose you can personally pm me and I will buy you 5 3ds games of your choice.

Nintendo banning you from online play is a different matter though.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Anyone who believes this is an uneducated moron. This has been discussed countless times over and has been disproved each and every time. Your sources are crap and this thread is pointless. Someone please just lock this before it goes too far

Amen.

I propose an instant ban for any member who starts this shit again... This is retarded beyond belief...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:

Amen.

I propose an instant ban for any member who starts this shit again... This is retarded beyond belief...

If we simply banned people for stupidity then this place would be empty really fast
smile.gif
Though I admit it is tempting at times.

However closing the thread is appropriate at this point. And redirecting to the other giant thread already in place would be a better option.

Also if someone could change that youtube link to not default to the HD version that would make the OP not look so ... silly.

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
MakiManPR said:

Can't you guys read?????
Nintendo CAN'T brick your system, legally if they harm your system they will face more lawsuits than you can shake a stick at. Now stop spreading shit already. Must this topic be brought up each and every week. Don't you find it odd that each time this topic is brought up they get rid of it? Because it's total bullshit and won't happen.

They can, the TOS protect them

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my god the TOS, doesn't matter, EU courts won't side with Nintendo, American courts won't side with Nintendo, hell even Japanese fucking courts won't side with Nintendo. You can't legally ruin something someone purchased from you because you feel like it.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we'll see if this is a real threat we may see it as soon as the next fw but i agree if its illegal they won't but if the next headline reads "Then new firmware bricks 3DS's who use flash carts" I'd be amazed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all