Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wwwdotuporg2461.jpg

Everyone should be happy to know that this contest pertains to the resurrection of an inactive old series. (From X series to EXE series anyway.) But of which series exactly is unconfirmed. The contest details will be unveiled on February 13th, 2009. The judges for the contest will be Keiji Inafune himself, Capcom development staff, and editor of Coro Coro Comics. First prize winners will have their character appear in a "new Rockman story" and receive oodles of Rockman goods. Second place winners will receive Rockman goods and a special Coro Coro item.

News Source: Gonintendo

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LAWL. New Mega Man game in the making? What a shock! I wonder if any other series has as many yearly releases as Mega Man?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Starforce isn't exactly a failure. It just shouldn't have been EXE's predecessor but it's still good in its own way. And if you've played Starforce 2 and got all of the diary entries, you know there's really nothing left to add to the BN series unless it starred a new hero or something.

EDIT: And btw, I've never played BN 6 so I don't know what exactly happens afterwards but all I know is, Lan already had future plans and some other stuff at the end from reading the entries in Starforce 2.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
Starforce isn't exactly a failure. It just shouldn't have been EXE's predecessor but it's still good in its own way. And if you've played Starforce 2 and got all of the diary entries, you know there's really nothing left to add to the BN series unless it starred a new hero or something.

EDIT: And btw, I've never played BN 6 so I don't know what exactly happens afterwards but all I know is, Lan already had future plans and some other stuff at the end from reading the entries in Starforce 2.
I think you mean successor to the EXE series lol

It told what happened to everyone as an Adult, Dex being Mayor of ACDC, Yai taking over her dad's company, Chaud being part of the net police (or something along those lines), I forgot his name, but he ended up beinga teacher, Maylu being Lan's wife, and Lan being a scientist with a son named Patch. So they could use Patch for the new game so I guess they could use a new hero.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I remember this was going to be an all out mega-megaman crossover (X vs Original vs BN vs Zero vs etc). I just hope my answer is right cause I've always wanted a megaman crossover game.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoulAnger said:
If I remember this was going to be an all out mega-megaman crossover (X vs Original vs BN vs Zero vs etc). I just hope my answer is right cause I've always wanted a megaman crossover game.
Are you saying something like a Mega Man fighting game? With all the characters in the Mega Man universe?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:

It told what happened to everyone as an Adult, Dex being Mayor of ACDC, Yai taking over her dad's company, Chaud being part of the net police (or something along those lines), I forgot his name, but he ended up beinga teacher, Maylu being Lan's wife, and Lan being a scientist with a son named Patch. So they could use Patch for the new game so I guess they could use a new hero.

Yeah, that's what I meant >_< . I have no idea what I was thinking at the time I posted so yeah. Anyway....

It also said that Lan was the one who came up with the idea of using the whole signal and brotherband thing (Sorry, I forgot the actual name since I don't play SF1 & 2 anymore) to replace the NET society. That's why we're just left to assume that nothing major happened in the 200 years gap besides the full development of this new technology.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
Raiyu245 said:

Yeah, that's what I meant >_< . I have no idea what I was thinking at the time I posted so yeah. Anyway....

It also said that Lan was the one who came up with the idea of using the whole signal and brotherband thing (Sorry, I forgot the actual name since I don't play SF1 & 2 anymore) to replace the NET society. That's why we're just left to assume that nothing major happened in the 200 years gap besides the full development of this new technology.
Oh yeah, I forgot he did do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning