Gaming [CONFIRMED] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Release Date Sept. 1st for Consoles, Sept. 15 PC

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
A recent 'leaked' video file has emerged, supposedly from IGN servers that shows a 7 minute interview with the Metal Gear series' creator Hideo Kojima. At the end of the clip the text of; WORLD WIDE RELEASE SEPTEMBER 1ST, 2015 is displayed beneath the the Metal Gear Solid V title logo.
Whether this date is legit is yet to be officially announced.
Capture.PNG
The original file was hosted here (now 404)​
Mirror of the complete video clip can be viewed here: https://vid.me/mz9w

EDIT: Release date for consoles have been confirmed as September 1st. PC release date is confirmed for September 15th

PC Source
Console Source
16687271136_24f089a0a3_b.jpg

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting for complete bundle with ground zeroes

Is it worth it when everyone and their mother already owns GZ? Seriously, it's been down to $10 or less on XBL and PSN both at some point, and you can buy the 360 disc version for $8 directly from Microsoft.

That being said, I'm sure there'll be a bundle at launch if you really want to shell out an extra $20.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said that 4 was going to be the last one too, and they really tried to tie up the loose ends and they had that epic final chapter that was meant as a finale to the entire series, but metal gear is a franchise that sells too well to discontinue. Even if it is the last in the main series, there's always metal gear rising.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OH YEAH. I loved Ground Zeroes (after the horrible MGS4 which left me sorely disappointed) so I can't wait for Phantom Pain.

I only hope Kojima keeps it low with the bullshit magicky-soldiers. MGS was at its best with MGS1 and MGS3 (except The Sorrow. F- you, The Sorrow).

NeonEmerald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't believe this will be the last Metal Gear Solid entry. You will be missed, Kojima.
Phantom Pain may just conclude the storyline once and for all.

Kojima has expressed his interest in remastering the first Metal Gear Solid with the Fox Engine. That may be something to look forward to.

He said that 4 was going to be the last one too, and they really tried to tie up the loose ends and they had that epic final chapter that was meant as a finale to the entire series, but metal gear is a franchise that sells too well to discontinue. Even if it is the last in the main series, there's always metal gear rising.

I'd love for Kojima to attempt his original Rising concept before having Platinum develop it. Just wishful thinking though. :lol:

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd love for Kojima to attempt his original Rising concept before having Platinum develop it. Just wishful thinking though. :lol:
Oh yeah, that would be awesome too. I was SO disappointed after I saw the second trailer, this time made by Platinum. I was like "wtf, this is a completely different game, and it SUCKS!".

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Too much hype for what is going to be a mediocre TPS with stealth elements. Plus a ridiculous story, as usual for the franchise... I played the demo on PC with all settings maxed, and while it was enjoyable, it was nothing special.

I know it has it fans, but come on...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off