1. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 QVID PRO QVO
    Developer

Mexico
    They will sell it for $30 dlls as DLC for 3DAS.

2. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is the best thing that could happen to us!! Native emulators for N64, GC and Wii!!! I’m really loving this

GatoFiestero likes this.
  3. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
    I'm really going back and forth on this. They could throw it out there on it's own for a premium or just tack it onto this existing set. The only other 3D game is 3D Land and I don't see them porting it over, so I'm feeling confident it won't be bundled with something else.

4. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

Germany
    They could be really optimised just for these games. So we don't know how other games run on there or even if its possible

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  5. jurai

jurai GBAtemp Fan

Yeah the emulator config sets euro pal60 at boot

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The emulator simulates the button press, if you read it config it's even commented that it does it to force pal60.

6. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I wouldnt get too excited just yet.
    Galaxy doesn’t emulate the CPU which is by far what the switch is lacking the most for Wii emulation. By modern console standards the switch GPU is fairly decent. I have pretty much ruled out injecting other Wii games.
    Sunshine looks promising, however the rom itself may have been tampered with to work better on the switch. Their is no guarantee that other games will run any better than on dolphin, if they work at all.
    N64, is the one emulator I am confident will run other games well. Also because I see it as the next possible step in the online service. It might come as a double edged sword though, because it probably wont support hd texture packs and tweaks that are currently available with other methods.

7. soaresden

soaresden GBAtemp Regular

France
    The game compilation is also using a 8gb cartridge. They only use 4,7 of data

They could at least put galaxy 2 and the 3dland of 3ds. There are enough space!

I would had expect this compilation the same features and improvement has the gap between nes and snes with super mario all stars and world with better graphics and saves.

Giving only the soundtrack is just a little gift imo

Last edited by soaresden, Sep 16, 2020
  8. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

So has anyone gotten other N64 and GC games to work or they were trolls?

metalpsi likes this.
  9. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States

Much like the Wii Super Mario All-Stars collection. At least with this, they're offering something that even I wouldn't go out of the way to try to get working smoothly on the Switch, if the Sunshine and Galaxy 1 are even possible to get running full speed.

I ask the same...

So, how's the session between you and @Reploid going tonight?

Vid or it didn't happen.

Yeah, Melee's one of the easier games to emulate on devices like these.

10. cyberkevin

cyberkevin Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    so actually...
    nobody could run any games with proof ?

We have the hash check issue isn't it...
    Ok... as I really can't use my Switch until this week end, if someone can send me via Private Message the "main" NSO file of the game (if games have different ID, could be better to send me both the main NSO of the game's selector, AND the game itself, and let's just patch the hash check to always being true ^^

We know for sure the game itself is just a rom file, as it run on Dolphin, so that mean it's just the executable that wait for the correct hash, let's just bypass this.

Jertrn2g likes this.
  11. Migush

Migush Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Unfortunately it's not this easy. Supposing this was true, we should be able to rename all occurrences of 'MarioSunshine' with 'MarioSunshina' in files, filenames and foldernames, but this doesn't work. The game just crashes.

About the hashes, I don't think they're actually required. Removing the hases from the romfs:/data/database/hagi/MarioSunshine.json file and romfs:/rom.json allows the game to boot just fine.
    MarioSunshine.json:
    [​IMG]
    If I remember correctly, even after removing GCM it still works

The files or minimum contents of files required for the default Mario Sunshine rom to boot. By 'required' I mean that the game won't boot if the files are just empty files.
    romfs:/data/database/config/MarioSunshine.config:
    Minimal:
    Now I am not at home so I'm not 100% sure, but you might have to keep useDolHash and set it to false in the MarioSunshine.config if you remove the DolHash in romfs:/rom.json

romfs:/data/database/hagi/MarioSunshine.json:
    Minimal:
    Code:
    {}

romfs:/data/database/pip/MarioSunshine/pipelineDB.pip:
    Required

romfs:/data/database/vulkan/MarioSunshine/B1317A6632265CF763766CF6339AC8D1.cache
    Not required

romfs:/data/gecko/MarioSunshine/ns/MarioSunshine.nrolz:
    Required

Last edited by Migush, Sep 16, 2020
  12. ragestaker21

ragestaker21 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Humanity restored

13. a7mag3ddon

a7mag3ddon GBAtemp Regular

People loosing their shit because they found out its using emulation for some of the games and hybrid emulation for the other but they would have been happy if the games were HD versions coded from scratch..

Uhmm really haha.. fukwits.

yadspi likes this.
  14. cyberkevin

cyberkevin Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    They forgot that they didn't downloaded roms on internet... sometimes... xD
    They don't get that if it run well that way, why not.

BUT, they are right to say that if they put more money in it, to make real ports, well, 60fps for Sunshine and 64 at 1080p both will maybe being possible, that's right, but the price will goes up to 60$ for sure.

The GOOD about that still for us is that it now exist proper Vulkan emualtor made by Nintendo for N64, GameCube, and part of it for Wii..

I can't wait to go back to my home with all my setup to dig inside, patch all needed things for exécutables to let just load easily ROMS on the fly. (just saying again, but if someone can send me the NSO of each titleID so I can work on it today, send me a message.)

For now, I'm pretty sure peoples will done something before I can dig inside all of that, but I'm pretty sure the solution to run any N64 and GC roms are SO easy...

Games by them self SHOULDN'T crash because of errors, but just because the executable want something specific about the file loaded in.
    For me, it's an error to try editing roms files to make them load (specially cause I'm pretty sure hash are hardcoded) instead of simply patching the executable to :
    - Bypass the hash check
    - Changing the JSON files to load to create alternate configuration and folders with other roms.

all of that inside a simple IPSwitch patch that you can enable and disable as you wish.

Last edited by cyberkevin, Sep 16, 2020
    ragestaker21 likes this.
  15. xbmcuser

xbmcuser GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    My understanding please correct if I talk shit?

Nintendo recompiled Sunshine for Game Cube with changes (Ie how the Z button used to work, resolution etc... passing thru graphics and sound to Switch H/W) then they emulate the compiled iso, on Switch. With GPU and sound running natively?

16. Silent_Gunner

United States
    If he has the game running on the title screen on the Switch, all he'd/she'd have to do is record a video of it running, upload it to imgur, and post it here. It'd take maybe 5 minutes at best if they know what they're doing.

I think we should try GC games first before jumping to trying to run Xenoblade Chronicles...when there's the definitive edition already on Switch...

StarGazerTom likes this.
  17. ImFire

ImFire Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread.

18. Silent_Gunner

United States
    Let me put it like this:

The GC and Wii uses a CPU that speaks Japanese, while the Switch uses a CPU that speaks Chinese. In order to get GC games to run on the Switch, you have to make code that translates the original Japanese code of the GC/Wii to the Chinese of the Switch's. This is what you'll see referred to as a dynamic recompiler, shortened to dynarec. It's the tool that any emulator worth its salt will use to make games playable at speeds just like with the original hardware, and without crashes.

All of this work is very taxing on a CPU when it's the GC/Wii we're talking about translating to ARM, x86, x64, etc.. If you can solve this, then the developer can focus on emulating graphical and audio output that, depending on the game and what that game needs to function, shouldn't be as taxing to the processors responsible for that output as it is for the translation of PowerPC code into ARM code as is what's apparently taking place with SMG1 in this collection.

19. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

United States
    I'm picking up what your putting down. But on a unrelated ride note. My sigpaiches are updated and I still can't launch tinfoil to install the game...

20. RyanB

RyanB Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Not quite a replacement of ISO yet, but I've managed a replacement of an MP4 file. Also, I have texture tools for replacing the modified textures(extracting the archives they were in, and rebuilding them), rebuilding them and using them causes the game to crash at the moment, I'll try to figure out why.

You can find the video at my twitter account(cant post here due to post requirement for links) @RyanBevins_
    You can also find some tools for 3D All Stars (Sunshine/Galaxy) at my GitHub ryanbevins.
    Once I fix the rebuilding, I'll work on some more tools for modifying the game. Likely going to see if theres an easy way to inject ISO files.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Collection, Confirmed, emulators