Hacking Confirmed List of DSi ROMs that Work?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
drfsupercenter said:
From the looks of that picture, I see a FPGA hooked up to a DS card reader... fancy stuff.

So there's no DS-homebrew that can do it? I compared my several dumps of My Healthy Cooking Coach to the working Bahamut one, only very subtle differences in hex. That's bizarre.

So I guess whether I own the game or not is irrelevant, I'll have to wait until the release groups do a proper rip?

That sums the problem up close. The problem is the DSi enhanced part which is encrypted in a different way compared to the DS part AFAIK. If you check the Dat-o-matic dump info, you'll notice that the main difference in a proper and a bad dump is the DSi part. Usually the DS part has been done correctly but the DSi is lacking completely. The problem is indeed that the DSi part includes the extra WiFi, CPU, camera and al. extras so making a dump via Wooddumper or any other programs makes you have a proper ROM without any DSi enhanced features.

-Qtis

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I could have sworn someone said there was a European dump of Pokémon Black and White that worked on the CycloDSi... all I'm seeing is the French one. Is that the only one that works? I would love to have an English-language ROM that can play in DSi mode.

(Yeah, I realize now the US and UK share a game cart)

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
drfsupercenter said:
Hmm, I could have sworn someone said there was a European dump of Pokémon Black and White that worked on the CycloDSi... all I'm seeing is the French one. Is that the only one that works? I would love to have an English-language ROM that can play in DSi mode.

(Yeah, I realize now the US and UK share a game cart)
Have you tried the Pokemon B/W (E) version yet? I know it's the same as the "(U)" copy but from I've been told is that the "(U)" dump had the DSi Enhanced features removed or altered which is why a bit of it's data is slightly different than the "(E)" version.
I'd tryout the EUR version if I were you.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Have you tried the Pokemon B/W (E) version yet? I know it's the same as the "(U)" copy but from I've been told is that the "(U)" dump had the DSi Enhanced features removed or altered which is why a bit of it's data is slightly different than the "(E)" version.

As far as I know, there is no "(E)" version. Each European country has its own version, like there's the English version which is the same in America and the UK, then the French, Spanish, etc versions. If you can prove me wrong, please do so, but all of the "EUR" ones I've gotten don't work still.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
drfsupercenter said:
QUOTE said:

As far as I know, there is no "(E)" version. Each European country has its own version, like there's the English version which is the same in America and the UK, then the French, Spanish, etc versions. If you can prove me wrong, please do so, but all of the "EUR" ones I've gotten don't work still.
Yeah I was only saying "(E)" and "(U)" because that's what the dump is labeled as.... Mbmax has stated that the French and Japanese versions are the only proper dumps for the time being.

Clau46

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pokemon White (france version) works in DSI mode but when you want to activate the C-Gear its says that you need to turn on the wireless in the dsi menu. Is already on maybe some ap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.