Confirmed List of DSi ROMs that Work?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by drfsupercenter, Mar 12, 2011.

Mar 12, 2011
  1. drfsupercenter
    OP

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    So basically, I just got myself an iEvolution, and I'm trying to come up with a cumulative list of all the DSi enhanced ROMs that *DO* play in DSi mode on this card.

It seems the majority of ones I've tried fail. I have not gotten a *single* (U) ROM to play, only European ones seem to - regardless of the rip group. I've read these rumors that only team Bahamut knows how to rip them properly etc, but I've gotten Bahamut dumps of (U) Games and they fail just the same.

A couple that I can confirm work:

ALL games are European so far:
    Tron: Evolution
    Sonic Classic Collection
    My Cooking Coach (That's the European title for My Healthy Cooking Coach)
    Imagine Artist

That's all that I can confirm working. All the rest give me the error about them not being dumped properly, even if they were done by groups that supposedly know what they're doing

You guys want to help me make a list? I'm curious what else I'm missing. Also - has anyone gotten ANY USA title to work? The reason I ask is that since I live in America, I can get my hands on the physical game that way, and try a few dumping tools I've come across to see if I can replicate the results of the groups. But since the only working ones are European, well, I can't really do that right now.

2. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    You can add Toy Story 3 (E), I tried myself, it works, but I don't know where are the DSi specific options in this game.

Problem is: not every release of those games is DSi enhanced compatible, So far I can't find a working "my cooking coach", and even if I own it the dump I make does not have the DSi specific parts (I use a neo sms master 2).

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    The My Cooking Coach I found works. It's the same game as the American one, just with a different title. Google is your friend.

And hm, OK. More European games I see?

Mainly what I'm trying to test is to take one of the working ROMs, find someone who owns the game, see if they can replicate it so it works with the iEvo. You know?

I'm just curious why absolutely no USA titles seem to work.

4. indask8

France
    Mario VS donkey kong DSi (E) kinda works it loads but freeze at main menu with no sound at all.

5. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    So far the groups that have dumped proper DSi enhanced titles are the following: Legacy, RFTD, BAHAMUT, EXiMiUS.

This can be seen from the DAT-o-MATIC database. Although the said groups have proper dumping tools, not all releases have been made in proper DSi. Well all in all the DAT-o-MATIC database has quite a bit of useful info on ROMs, for example correct CRC's and so forth. As for the ROM compatibility in DSi mode, I hope the next fw update for the compatibility layer will include quite a bit of fixes. It's an amazing feature but so far testing it is quite a pain because of the "not correctly dumped, etc" notification :3

-Qtis

6. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    That's weird, because I've used an englished patched pokémon (J) rom on my iEvolution, and it boot in DSi mode on my EU DSi just fine.

Except that the game thought that WIFI had been disabled, making the whole thing pointless.

7. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    That really doesn't quite count as working.

8. indask8

France
    But this can certainly be fixed in the next updates of the IEvo, while game stating "DSi specific section are missing" will certainly never be fixed.

We should add the CRC (I use 7zip to get the CRC) of the files, here is my personal list of games that I tried:
    -Sims 3 (E): OK (CRC:98716DFD)
    -Imagine Artist (E): OK (CRC: 4A2F8B79)
    -Sonic Classic Collection (E): OK (CRC:C6925D2C)
    -Toy Story 3 (E): OK (CRC:57342B45)
    -Tron (E) : OK (CRC:926DCD22)
    -Pokemon Version Blanche (F): OK (CRC:8B4CBA44)
    -Pokemon Version Noire (F): OK (CRC:308F9D56)

In case some people don't know:F games are french games so it's the same as (E) games same region just different translation.

9. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    Pokémon Black and White (E) also work, don't they?

And nobody has found any (U) titles that work?

Yeah, I was going to say, it seems the majority of BAHAMUT ones still don't work.

10. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Just popping in here:
    The (E) scene release is the same as the (U) release except that the (U) release is missing the DSi data.
    If you were to get a ROM of the (U) version with the DSi data, it'll be byte-by-byte 100% identical to the (E) scene release.

EDIT: I'm talking about Pokemon Black/White. How did I forget to write that?

11. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    I made an advanced search on DAT-o-MATIC :

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    [b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]

To summarize this search, here are proper dumps :

[spoiler]<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2009-11-03 Brassivi_Mots_FRENCH_NDS-LGC <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-01-10 My_Cooking_Coach_Prepare_Healthy_Recipes_EUR_INTERNAL_NDS_DSi-BAHAMUT <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-01-10 My_Healthy_Cooking_Coach_USA_INTERNAL_NDS_DSi-BAHAMUT <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-01-10 James_Pattersons_Womens_Murder_Club_Games_of_Passion_EUR_INTERNAL_NDS_DSi-BAHAMUT <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-01-07 Just_Sing_EUR_iNTERNAL_NDS-iND <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-01-10 James_Camerons_Avatar_The_Game_EUR_INTERNAL_NDS-BAHAMUT <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-01-10 Girls_Life_Jewellary_Style_EUR_INTERNAL_NDS_DSi-BAHAMUT <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-01-10 iCarly_AUS_INTERNAL_NDS_DSi-BAHAMUT <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-01-10 Imagine_Artist_EUR_INTERNAL_NDS_DSi-BAHAMUT <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-03-17 Alice_In_Wonderland_EUR_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-03-17 Sonic_Classics_Collection_EUR_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-03-26 SpongeBob_SquarePants_Boating_Bash_EUR_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-04-28 Licca_Chan_DS_Mott:wtf:nnanoko_Lesson_JPN_INTERNAL_NDS_DSi-BAHAMUT <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-06-18 Shrek_Forever_After_EUR_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-06-18 Toy_Story_3_EUR_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-09-17 Grease_The_Official_Video_Game_EUR_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-09-18 Pocket_Monsters_White_JPN_NDS_DSi-BAHAMUT <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-09-18 Pocket_Monsters_Black_JPN_NDS_DSi-BAHAMUT <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-09-21 Imagine_Dream_Resort_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-09-21 The_Last_Airbender_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-10-27 The_Sims_3_EUR_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-11-07 Zhu_Zhu_Pets_Featuring_The_Wild_Bunch_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-11-21 New_Carnival_Games_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-11-21 New_Carnival_Games_USA_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-11-21 The_Penguins_of_Madagascar_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-11-21 iCarly_2_iJoin_The_Click_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-11-26 Tron_Evolution_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-12-04 Camp_Rock_The_Final_Jam_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-12-04 Imagine_Fashion_Paradise_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-12-04 Phineas_and_Ferb_Ride_Again_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2010-12-11 TouchMaster_4_Connect_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2011-02-05 Mario_Vs_Donkey_Kong_MiniLand_Mayhem_EUR_DSi_NDS-RFTD <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2011-03-02 Pokemon_Version_Blanche_FRA_NDS_DSi-EXiMiUS <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->OK 2011-03-02 Pokemon_Version_Noire_FRA_NDS_DSi-EXiMiUS <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->[/spoiler]

As you can see there is not much proper DSi enhanced dumps.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

12. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Because the Japanese roms are dumped by BAHAMUT.

13. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    The best part of the iEvo is, it let you play in DSi mode a proper DSi enhanced dump without region lock.

14. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    We wouldn't need flashcards if they made every game like the international Black/White, which aren't region locked.

15. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    Not really. European and USA games are completely different.

That's odd, the BAHAMUT rip of My Healthy Cooking Coach DOES work. There was another one that I found that didn't. Weird.

16. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    He's talking the pokemon games.

17. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    How the hell did I miss that part?
    Yeah, I'm talking about Pokemon Black and White.

18. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    Ah, well, according to one of my friends, the game card itself is region-free, that it's a new region "O" that works in any region DSi.

Anyway, that aside, hmm. If there are no DSi-based dumping methods, and both programs I tried to rip Black and White didn't work, I'm curious how it's possible to make a working dump. I've heard a rumor about people actually ripping the chip out of the card and doing something with it, but what is beyond me. And the odd thing is that a good number of BAHAMUT rips still don't work while others do.

A couple I'd really like to see if anyone can find a working dump are Jam Sessions 2 and the Korg DS-10.

19. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Quite a few release groups have made working dumpers, but all available to the "normal people" can't seem to dump the DSi parts correctly. As said before, the tools haven't been available to all groups for the whole time. Thus some releases are bad (actually you can see that some have been rereleased by the same groups after they have obtained a DSi dumper (Bahamut for example)).

-Qtis

20. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    From the looks of that picture, I see a FPGA hooked up to a DS card reader... fancy stuff.

So there's no DS-homebrew that can do it? I compared my several dumps of My Healthy Cooking Coach to the working Bahamut one, only very subtle differences in hex. That's bizarre.

So I guess whether I own the game or not is irrelevant, I'll have to wait until the release groups do a proper rip?