[CONFIRMED] FFXV Delayed to Nov 29th

While you listen to this gorgeous song again, hopefully you can contain your possible sorrows, as it appears Final Fantasy XV may be getting a delay into November 29th.

Word comes from a Gamenesia claim, stating that a source within GameStop management tipped the website off to the delay. Promotional materials have reportedly arrived at some GameStop stores with instructions that they are not to be put up until after August 14.

f4eaykdrxyoep1txpztn.jpg

Hopefully they continue to refine some of the mechanics, as it is easily one of the most anticipated RPG's of this year.

:arrow: SOURCE

UPDATE: It has now been confirmed, the game is delayed to November 29th.

NEW RELEASE DATE SET FOR FINAL FANTASY XV
TOKYO / LONDON / LOS ANGELES (Aug. 15, 2016) – To deliver the iconic FINAL FANTASY experience to audiences around the world, SQUARE ENIX[emoji768] today announced that the global release date for FINAL FANTASY[emoji768] XV will be November 29, 2016.

This release date will allow the development teams time to further polish and conduct quality testing so that the reality of the game can match the expectations of both the fans and the creative teams.

Last edited by chavosaur,

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'd rather it be true. Tons of games have been coming out and I really want FFXV just don't have the money for it anytime soon.

Reactions: DKB

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with above, also, if it allows them to polish the game a bit more..(even though it looks already damn amazing), so be it. It may actually help.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading an article that, according to Tabata, if they were able to make a PC port of FFXV, it wouldn't just be a simple port since they would be able to add more stuff that they couldn't add because of the limitations the PS4/XBOne has.

Reactions: CathyRina and Azel

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine that the PS4 Neo has at least something to do with the delay. It's supposedly being revealed soon, which means it'll release fairly soon as well. Good news for me, since I've been waiting for news of a FFVII:R bundle, and there's supposed to be FFVII:R news on the horizon.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't mind the delay. Someone told me on gematsu that the devs are super nervous about a sep. 30th release and very open about that. If they have to delay it then so be it.
many people suspect this delay to have to do with a PS4 Neo bundle but I don't see that thing coming this soon.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is going to be teh gayzorz anyway.

I just read that the ultimate J-cuck, Tetsuya Nomura, left development of FFXV... haha! are you kidding me?! This hack destroyed the IP and is now acting like he has nothing to do with it despite his awful character design remaining dominant in the next main entry?

Last edited by Glyptofane,
Reactions: Deleted User

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on interviews from E3, they have had problems with framerate, and other glitches for several months now. Rather then turn down some special effects or reduce on screen enemy they rather delay the game and work on optimization of code. The Xbox one and Ps4 lack just enough resourses to let the game run the way they originally intended.

I am kind of grateful for that. What I mean is, they are basically forced to do optimization now instead of being lazy n releasing a patch later like many other developers as of late been doing

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd imagine that the PS4 Neo has at least something to do with the delay. It's supposedly being revealed soon, which means it'll release fairly soon as well. Good news for me, since I've been waiting for news of a FFVII:R bundle, and there's supposed to be FFVII:R news on the horizon.
Based on what the neo probably is used for (better VR) and what the rumoured specs its not a big enough of a leap for them to delay FF XV. All they have to do is make the game scalable.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember reading an article that, according to Tabata, if they were able to make a PC port of FFXV, it wouldn't just be a simple port since they would be able to add more stuff that they couldn't add because of the limitations the PS4/XBOne has.
Just another excuse not to say "we want to exploit zero-piracy console release first then double dip with the unlocked PC version so you'll buy the same game twice". They are doing the same with XII remake too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning