• Total voters

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was watching the thread. Most of those you called pessimistic came to a logical conclusion that it may be fake once the evidence started being found. It's not being pessimistic, it's being realistic. Pessimism can be bad, but being overly-optimistic can also be bad. It caused you to essentially ignore any valid points people made which you could only fight with "your just being pessimistic". Your optimism blinded you from one of the outcomes of this leak, which is that it could have been fake. You can be optimistic while still being realistic and willing to actually analyze facts instead of ignoring and pushing them away. You don't seem to comprehend that.
Like I said before. There's a difference between seeing things that shout "fake" and being blatently pessmisitc, trying to FIND reasons for it to be fake, spitballing at the tiniest thing that could easily be chocked up to absolutely nothing, trying to make it into a reason for it to be fake (font, for example. There are NUMEROUS examples as to why it'd have a different "g", which don't involve it being fake.)

While I was wrong, and I admitted that, there really is a LARGE amount of baseless pessimism here.

like I said before, there really weren't "Logical reasonings" proving it was fake. There were things that could go either way, (ie, the font) but the moment you start pushing that as a reason for it to be fake, that's the moment you hit pessimism, after rushing past "realism". You don't seem to be able to comprehend what I am telling you about this. The "things" that "proved" its falseness could very well had been nothing or could've had MANY, MANY alternate reasons as to why those "things" could've been that way. Maybe I am too optimistic (which isn't a bad thing, by the way), but you can say the same thing about anyone who pointed at those "things" and immediately proceeded to shout "FAKE AND HOMOSEXUAL". Being "Realistic" probably would've had you sit on the line, as opposed to being "pessimistic" which would've brought you to the conclusion that it's fake.

So yes, maybe I'm too optimistic, but on the other side, what I said about people being too pessimistic is true as fuck. Far from "realistic" on both sides.

Last edited by Thirty3Three,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said before. There's a difference between seeing things that shout "fake" and being blatently pessmisitc, trying to FIND reasons for it to be fake, spitballing at the tiniest thing that could easily be chocked up to absolutely nothing, trying to make it into a reason for it to be fake (font, for example. There are NUMEROUS examples as to why it'd have a different "g", which don't involve it being fake.)

While I was wrong, and I admitted that, there really is a LARGE amount of baseless pessimism here.

like I said before, there really weren't "Logical reasonings" proving it was fake. There were things that could go either way, (ie, the font) but the moment you start pushing that as a reason for it to be fake, that's the moment you hit pessimism, after rushing past "realism". You don't seem to be able to comprehend what I am telling you about this. The "things" that "proved" its falseness could very well had been nothing or could've had MANY, MANY alternate reasons as to why those "things" could've been that way. Maybe I am too optimistic (which isn't a bad thing, by the way), but you can say the same thing about anyone who pointed at those "things" and immediately proceeded to shout "FAKE AND HOMOSEXUAL". Being "Realistic" probably would've had you sit on the line, as opposed to being "pessimistic" which would've brought you to the conclusion that it's fake.

So yes, maybe I'm too optimistic, but on the other side, what I said about people being too pessimistic is true as fuck. Far from "realistic" on both sides.

But there is a way to go about debating your points without being toxic. And searching for the truth (or as you put it trying to find reasons for it being fake) is not pessimism, especially when the thing being analyzed is not from a trusted source. That's like saying fact checking is pessimistic because you don't just happily accept what is given as fact.
And while there were some people with baseless pessimism, many others were not, but you chose to just call anyone who wasn't 100% in agreeance with you pessimistic.

Reactions: TGLaw

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it blows my mind that this dude would put so much work into making a fake leak that looked so real like surley this had to have taken alot of time and couldnt be done in a matter of minutes
I acutally find that really common and unsurprising... I mean, if you get comfort from trolling, you put your effort into it, true story, standard human behaviour... perhaps also shared by crows, tanukis, foxes, and some other animals.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But there is a way to go about debating your points without being toxic. And searching for the truth (or as you put it trying to find reasons for it being fake) is not pessimism, especially when the thing being analyzed is not from a trusted source. That's like saying fact checking is pessimistic because you don't just happily accept what is given as fact.
And while there were some people with baseless pessimism, many others were not, but you chose to just call anyone who wasn't 100% in agreeance with you pessimistic.
Let's just agree to disagree, haha! I really don't want to argue about this. But you are right. I was an asshole about it. I apologize. Let's move on to talking about Dark Souls? :D

PRAY TO THE MOON!

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Too lazy to check all the 20 pages of comments I've missed, so just gonna ask for a quick answer... how was this proven fake exactly? Last time I followed this topic it was when the different fonts thing came out.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand what motivates someone to make all this fake content. Are they managing to monetize it or are they just willing to put in that much effort for the sake of watching people speculate?

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't really understand what motivates someone to make all this fake content. Are they managing to monetize it or are they just willing to put in that much effort for the sake of watching people speculate?
They could be doing it as a project for a class, or even just as proof of experience for a job (don't know the right term rn). For example, something like this because of how well done it was made could be put on a resume applying for a CGI job.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What about enjoying it? I mean, what is the goal of you playing a videogame?
What if someone finds enjoyment in making a fake video? Does it need to have a goal other than enjoyment?

Reactions: SomeGamer

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I rushed the 5.0.0 update because I was excited for the folders and the system-wide voice chat, as well as youtube. (I'm a Splatoon player, so that comes before hax) I was super pissed when nothing had changed.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."