Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I think you took my comment out of context completely.

But, recent images have shown and proved that this leak is completely fake.
Are you referring to the slightly different fonts that can be used as temporary placeholders?... Or the storage controversy involving MK8D on a TEST firmware? I'm sorry, NOTHING is proving or disproving the validity. Until Nintendo or the Creator of this comes out to say something? We can't say for sure.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Or just a couple of days animating it in after effects. The switch UI is fairly simple tbh. Still a waste of time, but this leak seems to have garnered attention, so it can't be that wasted on the creator's part. He soaks up all of that attention.
Have you ever used AE?

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Are you referring to the slightly different fonts that can be used as temporary placeholders?... Or the storage controversy involving MK8D on a TEST firmware? I'm sorry, NOTHING is proving or disproving the validity. Until Nintendo or the Creator of this comes out to say something? We can't say for sure.
Both of those things are more than enough to prove it's fake.
Although, how exactly is this update leaked? It makes no sense how this update got pushed... It's also in English. Suggesting it's the north American firmware.

I'm not buying it at all. It makes no logical sense for one person to receive an unfinished update.

The only explainable way would be if this person owns a developer kit. Even then it's against Nintendo's policy for releasing any form of media of their unreleased or unannounced software.

D

Deleted User

OP
Although, how exactly is this update leaked? It makes no sense how this update for pushed... It's also in English. Suggesting it's the north American firmware.

I'm not buying it at all. It makes no logical sense for one person to receive an unfinished update.

The only explainable way would be if this person owns a developer kit. Even then it's against Nintendo's policy for releasing any form of media of their unreleased or unannounced software.
It makes perfect sense for Nintendo to have Quality Assurance testers.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Although, how exactly is this update leaked? It makes no sense how this update for pushed... It's also in English. Suggesting it's the north American firmware.

WHOA, IT'S AGAINST COMPANY POLICE TO LEAK?
Damn. Those are some insane unique policies. What a great company.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

You DO realize this isn't the first time new features have been leaked? You're just being a skeptic if you believe such trivial things. It's not unheard of for some testers to record findings. It doesn't have to be a "leaked update" (doesn't make sense here btw). Considering the naming scheme of the users. At the end of the day? Take it ALL with a grain of salt. NOTHING has been proven and NOTHING has been disproven.

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
WHOA, IT'S AGAINST COMPANY POLICE TO LEAK?
Damn. Those are some insane unique policies. What a great company.
You seem unnecessarily salty.

I don't buy this at all.
If you wish to believe half assed shit, be my guest.

It was interesting talking about this, but now it's derailed; therefore I'm booking it out of here.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

I don't buy this at all.

It was interesting talking about this, but now it's derailed; therefore I'm booking it out of here.
Definitely hasn't derailed. You clearly dislike how people don't agree with your views. Anywho, peace. A healthy debate never hurt anyone.

Reactions: Shadowfied

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

I don't buy this at all.

Haha, I'm not salty, just getting tired of your relentless and baseless skepticism. You pretend there's "PROOF" around, but there isn't.
If this is fake, it's the top of any fake ever. Extremely sophisticated. Just thought it was hilarious how you think it's a Nintendo unique thing to not be allowed to leak things :D
If only you knew how common UI QA testing is.

Edit: ROFLMAO, just noticed "half assed"

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also i checked my copy of botw and so have many others on youtube. The g being different like that is normal. Who ever programmed the title's 'title line' simply messed up and every few noticed until now. I am also 99% sure i pointed the difference out back in March.

Last edited by chartube12,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
also i checked my copy of botw and so have many others on youtube. The g being different like that is normal. Who ever programmed the title's 'title line' simply messed up and every few noticed
Now I have to look. :o

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Definitely hasn't derailed. You clearly dislike how people don't agree with your views. Anywho, peace. A healthy debate never hurt anyone.
That's not my view at all. If you actually knew me, you'd know I respect others opinions. I'm simply expressing my point of view.
All you are doing is adding more fuel to a fire.
On top of that insulting me. If I did I am sorry, but my intention is not to argue.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
That's not my view at all. If you actually knew me, you'd know I respect others opinions. I'm simply expressing my point of view.
All you are doing is adding more fuel to a fire.
On top of that insulting me. If I did I am sorry, but my intention is not to argue.
If anything I was acting like an asshole, and for that I apologize <3 - but I'm DEFINITELY here to argue :D Arguing is fun and healthy as long as it's reasonable!

Reactions: Dr.Hacknik

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I think about it. I'm gonna say its real. The "installed games" problem with used memory not matching up may be from using dummy icons to test the new menu sorting and folder features. Can't test it properly if you don't have many icons. And the "Nintendo wouldn't add this many features in one update" is backed by literally nothing except pessimism.

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I'm not salty, just getting tired of your relentless and baseless skepticism. You pretend there's "PROOF" around, but there isn't.
If this is fake, it's the top of any fake ever. Extremely sophisticated. Just thought it was hilarious how you think it's a Nintendo unique thing to not be allowed to leak things :D
If only you knew how common UI QA testing is.

Edit: ROFLMAO, just noticed "half assed"
Look mate I can agree with you here.
It's just that I don't trust anything online unless the actual Creator or company acknowledges its legitimacy.

So, does anyone wanna make some My Uncle works at Nintendo memes now?

And if autocorrect would stop being a pain...

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I think about it. I'm gonna say its real. The "installed games" problem with used memory not matching up may be from using dummy icons to test the new menu sorting and folder features. Can't test it properly if you don't have many icons. And the "Nintendo wouldn't add this many features in one update" is backed by literally nothing except pessimism.
This is what I'm thinking. There's no point in needlessly filling up system storage for the sake of testing certain features.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
This is what I'm thinking. There's no point in needlessly filling up system storage for the sake of testing certain features.
This. In fact, it's completely the opposite. It'd be absolute retardation and no dev would wait for downloads of full games to test it like this if they had the possibility of just putting dummy icons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally