Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tropicana said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE IS NO REASON TO GET A PSP NOW.

The PSP version is like a gigabyte and a half. To get that whittled down to even a 256MB cart they'd have to cut the visuals down, the number of songs down and, worst of all, the audio quality down. So if this is a straight port it will be inferior. If it uses the touchscreen it will simply be different. Make no mistake, I'll play this on the DS, but it feels to me like a game more suited to the PSP.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perseid said:
Tropicana said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The PSP version is like a gigabyte and a half. To get that whittled down to even a 256MB cart they'd have to cut the visuals down, the number of songs down and, worst of all, the audio quality down. So if this is a straight port it will be inferior. If it uses the touchscreen it will simply be different. Make no mistake, I'll play this on the DS, but it feels to me like a game more suited to the PSP.
He's got a point. PSP version is more then a gig. To port it to DS, they'd have to cut all that down just to fit on a cartridge. I'd rather play the PSP version then get a dumbed down one that doesn't even have decent tracks and disgusting looking quality.

Also, check this out.

They are having problems because of DS piracy. So you can bet that they'll put some kind of copyright protection on the game.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I don't get why the DSi version should be different from the DS version. I mean the only major feature the DSi has is the camera. I don't see why they can't just package a slot-2 camera accessory, and they can't say there isn't such a thing because they have them in Japan for the game Face Training. That is complete and utter discrimination to us who don't have a DSi (oh and its bullshit
smileipb2.png
)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Perseid said:
Tropicana said:

I didn't fully mean it when I said that. I'm still buying myself a psp when I make enough money, and I'll still play both.

I'm already aware it's going to have some massive cutdowns. I already know the DS can't handle everything from the original DJMAX games on the PSP. Think of Disgaea DS, for example. The sound seems to be much more compressed, visuals look more "torn down", and etc. Afterall, they DID cut down about 600 Megs....

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
I don't get why the DSi version should be different from the DS version. I mean the only major feature the DSi has is the camera. I don't see why they can't just package a slot-2 camera accessory, and they can't say there isn't such a thing because they have them in Japan for the game Face Training. That is complete and utter discrimination to us who don't have a DSi (oh and its bullshit
smileipb2.png
)
Wouldn't that probably make it unplayable for those who will pirate it?
tongue.gif

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After watching videos of the arcade version and reading the interview from Escapist, I really can't see how they'll do this well since the game often requires you to press multiple buttons and strokes at once on the touchscreen while the DS touchscreen can only recognize one action at a time. It really wouldn't be fun without that.

I'd rather they just stick to normal button pressing, but if they're doing that I'd rather they stick to PSP because of the better audio and visual quality, the longer songlist, and not having to focus on two screens

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
Perseid said:
Tropicana said:

He's got a point. PSP version is more then a gig. To port it to DS, they'd have to cut all that down just to fit on a cartridge. I'd rather play the PSP version then get a dumbed down one that doesn't even have decent tracks and disgusting looking quality.

Also, check this out.

They are having problems because of DS piracy. So you can bet that they'll put some kind of copyright protection on the game.

Yeah, they also put some lame attempt at protection on the latest PSP version. It was cracked along side the release...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night