Homebrew Discussion Confirmation on how I was banned!

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
That's really surprising that they're willing to tell you the exact ban reason. Did you have to ask something specific to get that information?
Yeah I acted like a 9 year old who got it for christmas that didnt know shit they were on about, so to act like big smart dogs, they responded to me in detail, Social Engineering at its finest

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah I acted like a 9 year old who got it for christmas that didnt know shit they were on about, so to act like big smart dogs, they responded to me in detail, Social Engineering at its finest
so they are cheking the titles ID, that is why they can´t Ban us if we restore a clean nand dump. the problem is that we don´t know where is that information on de OFW. maybe we can modiffy it to show that were jut playing one game or somthing like that.

MrFrodo18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you ever online while using Dev Menu? And was it the nsp version (definitive version or other?) of it, or LFS?

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely titleid. Possibly occured from using DevMenu and/or layeredfs
So for clarification, do you mean, when connected to wifi, they checked the id of all titles installed and found an illegally installed id and or one that should not have been there?

Reactions: Canna

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>something something there's a thread for this

This isn't the first time Nintendo was upfront about why they banned someone. Another user called Nintendo and was told they were banned for going from having error logs to having completely clean error logs. Also, if this is really referring to DevMenu, its not surprising in the slightest but I suppose I could this bit of detail for anyone who remotely thinks they won't be banned for using it.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Were you ever online while using Dev Menu? And was it the nsp version (definitive version or other?) of it, or LFS?
While I dont disable wifi/airplane mode, I dont believe I actually went "Online" after using dev menu (without a restart), it was 100% not the nsp version, only LayeredFS, i NEVER installed ANY nsp of it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whats odd, is lets say it was DevMenu that triggered the ban, why was it picked up as an illegal "ROMID"/titleid, if layeredfs on Pokemon Quest? It would only be picked up in logs as pokemon quest's id. :/

Reactions: slaphappygamer

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People shouldn’t be surprised that their console is banned. IF you want online play den the same platform, buy two consoles. The money saving is still worth it for the people that “test the games before they buy”.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
While I dont disable wifi/airplane mode, I dont believe I actually went "Online" after using dev menu (without a restart), it was 100% not the nsp version, only LayeredFS, i NEVER installed ANY nsp of it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whats odd, is lets say it was DevMenu that triggered the ban, why was it picked up as an illegal "ROMID"/titleid, if layeredfs on Pokemon Quest? It would only be picked up in logs as pokemon quest's id. :/
Sounds like there's something deeper going on. Maybe they really know what you're doing even with LayeredFS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Why am I always late to the party? +1