Confirmation of download play with o3ds (GW) and n3ds (stock)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aekotra, Dec 23, 2016.

1. aekotra
    OP

aekotra Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2014
    Canada
    I've been hosting Download Play games with other stock O3DS's without issue for some time. However, after updating my emuNAND to 11.2, I'm experiencing issues hosting a stock N3DS. I don't have access to another O3DS and we don't have any physical games with Download Play to troubleshoot!

Host: O3DS (GW3.7.2-BETA; 11.2.0-35U) USA region
    Guest: N3DS (Stock 11.2.0-35U) USA region
    All tested ROMs are USA region

Symptoms

3DS Games (O3DS host running GW3.7.2-BETA + GW Red)
    • N3DS never sees game appear as available software in Download Play
    3DS Games (O3DS host running Luma3DS + .cia from SD)
    • N3DS sees game about 20% of the time (repeatedly pressing "Search Again")
    • starting the download results in an immediate "connection interrupted" error
    DS Games (O3DS host running Luma3DS + GW Blue)
    • N3DS can consistently see the available software in Download Play
    • O3DS host can see the guest N3DS
    • The N3DS's download never completes

Data Points
    • 3DS and DS Download Play with O3DS guests worked when host ran GW3.4.1 (10.1 EmuNAND)
    • DS Download Play with O3DS and N3DS guests worked when host ran GW3.4.1 (10.1 EmuNAND)
    • games being tested are the same ones that worked in the past

Can anyone confirm any similar issues?

Last edited by aekotra, Dec 24, 2016
  2. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Sorry to ask this, but have you tried running a similar thing but with a different CFW like Luma? I mean it's worth a try :P

Not saying it's GW's fault, but you know...Better try it with another CFW to see if its in fact GW or something else

3. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Is the ROM you're running match the region of the 3DSes you're using? When I had Gateway and tried to use download play with a Japanese game on my US system it would fail.

4. aekotra
    OP

aekotra Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2014
    Canada
    Yes, all ROMs are USA (these ROMs worked perfectly in the past for download play), and both systems are USA. The n3ds has the '35U' firmware suffix; I understand this to mean USA region.

5. aekotra
    OP

aekotra Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2014
    Canada
    Confirmed NOT working. Luma's behavior appears to be slightly different: 20% of the time (clicking 'search again' repeatedly), the n3ds can see the game as 'available software', however, attempting the download results in an immediate 'connection interruption'.

Last edited by aekotra, Dec 24, 2016