Hacking Confirmation: NTSC Jp on NTSC Us - When it's safe??

Ricj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I belive a lot of people have this question over their heads everynow and then , so i hope you guys wont mind answering me about it.

Tell me if i got this right. I have a NTSC US Wii on 3.1 with an Old Wiikey-Clone. It works fine, but i cant play Castlevania Judgement or Mario Galaxy. Error #001. That's fine, i'll solve it later when i get a SD Card or a new mod-chip. This thread isnt about that.

From what've read and understand, if i take a Japanese Wii game and put it on my US console, if the game DOES NOT ask for an update, then, it's 100% safe to play that game. No chance of brick.
But if the JP game asks to do an update, i shouldnt do it unless i know 100% of what im doing.

Did i understood this right?

Lately i've wanted to try Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (as it's likely it will never come to the US) and Naruto Shippuden for the Wii... but i wanted to be sure that it was safe first.

Could somebody clear this up for me?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well I guess you haven't played many games cause from the time you got your ModChip there are tools like BrickBlocker, wich changes the update so no asking at all, and the error 001 can be solved either with a new ModChip as you mentioned, or with a patcher called GWP1.2 by Bailli, using it before burn...!!!
smile.gif

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ricj said:
I belive a lot of people have this question over their heads everynow and then , so i hope you guys wont mind answering me about it.

Tell me if i got this right. I have a NTSC US Wii on 3.1 with an Old Wiikey-Clone. It works fine, but i cant play Castlevania Judgement or Mario Galaxy. Error #001. That's fine, i'll solve it later when i get a SD Card or a new mod-chip. This thread isnt about that.

From what've read and understand, if i take a Japanese Wii game and put it on my US console, if the game DOES NOT ask for an update, then, it's 100% safe to play that game. No chance of brick.
But if the JP game asks to do an update, i shouldnt do it unless i know 100% of what im doing.

Did i understood this right?

Lately i've wanted to try Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (as it's likely it will never come to the US) and Naruto Shippuden for the Wii... but i wanted to be sure that it was safe first.

Could somebody clear this up for me?

If you're using a US wii, and a Japanese game asks you to update, don't >_>
You're going to get Japanese Firmware. Lolz
Just get Softmii. I've played Tatsunoko vs Capcom. It's a pretty cool game, but it's hard XD
I'm not very good at it.

Ricj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
games2007 said:
If you're using a US wii, and a Japanese game asks you to update, don't >_>
You're going to get Japanese Firmware. Lolz
Just get Softmii. I've played Tatsunoko vs Capcom. It's a pretty cool game, but it's hard XD
I'm not very good at it.

Yeah, i know that... what i wanted to know is that, if i put a NTSC-J game on my NTSC-U Wii and it dosent ask for an update... is it safe to play?

Also, just by using this Softmii you could play Tatsunoko Vs Capcom?! Does it work without it?!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if it doesn't ask you for update then you can access directly to the game, but if you are on 3.1 and the game is not BrickBlock it I really doubt it doesn't ask, I mean it also have the 3.1 but with some newer IOS versions, you can also use GeckOS wich is the launcher for ModChip users, but the 001 error will still be there (if this game contains it)...!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea