Hacking Confirmation: Madworld and others on 3.1u

Ricj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please share your opinions if you can. I'm starting to get confused with all this...

I have a 3.1u Wii. I Run Gamma and Gecko, both on the latest, neither on "fix 002" version.

I've never installed any custom IOS or any IOS manually. I belive my last disc update was with either Okami or Mario Galaxy...

I've been able to play a series of games on my Wii just fine. Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou, Mario Galaxy, Okami, Rebel Riders, Tales of Symphonia, Onechambara (PAL version using "Force NTSC") and so on... not a single problem.

Today i got Madworld (pal version) and decided to try that. As i do with all my games, i generate a backup, and since it's not a US game, i usually use WiiFrii, iosPatcher and Brickblocker. To make it run on IOS30, No updates and as a NTSC game. Fine.

I place the Backup on my Wii, it loads. I go to Gecko, run, game freezes on error 002. I get the Gecko WITH the 002 fix, run again, it freezes on a white screen. Ok. i Run it again, using "Force NTSC" it runs.

Except it's fully Black on White (even the Sega logo... don't know if it's supposed to be that way) and the screen is running vertical. Enough so i can see what's happening, but also enough for the game to be unplayable. So the game is running fine, except for the vertical tune thing.

So, what am i missing? My Wii is not connected online so all my solutions are via SD card. Do i have to install any IOS? Is it just the loader?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the game is supposed to be black n white apart from red blood
wink.gif
get the US version tho, the pal one sucks (screen aspect is fucked up even on pal)

FoxForceFive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is coded for PAL & they've 'squeezed' the aspect ratio nastily, I suspect this is what's causing the problem.

I've no idea why you wanted the PAL version, I'm PAL & downloaded NTSC to get the full output & frame rate!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night