Hacking configurator help please

chukkamental

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i know im going to get rattled big time for this,, i have the latest configurator,
Is there a step by step tutorial for this programme,
i just can't seem to get my head around it, i have tried and tried but to no avail!,
it does seem really confusing but im sure its pretty easy once i get going.
i open configurator choose the overlay wizard get my background image no probs i click my buttons i need then i save it,
then i open console wizard and chhose the appropiate images, thats it im stuck from there, i do find the folder ive saved to, i find my bg image and theme text but my overlay is seperate from the others.. any help would be great, i will accept a kicking for being dumb,

thanks you lot, johnny...chukkamental

chukkamental

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, Thanks for your reply, that was one of the threads that i have read through but i just don't get it, please excuse me for being thick, i design covers photo's etc in ps cs4 and also do websites but for the life of me i cannot work it out, just the simple basic theme im having trouble with, all i need is a simple guide to producing a theme, like open configurator, then overlay wizard, get my bg image, console button then save, then go to console wizard and line up my text change color etc,, what am i doing wrong,, iv'e looked at other themes and it saves the bg_gui.png file and the bg.png etc but mine is only saving the bg.png and the bg_overlay_w.png but it has no bg just the console and the cover.? i know im going to kick myself because once im sorted i will be making some cracking themes for you all, thanks again..

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i found it easier just use PS or Gimp to manually make and design the themes with console and buttons in them then manually editing them for 4:3(bg.png, bg_gui.png) and 16:9(bg_wide.png, bg_gui_wide.png) screen sizes

bg.png + bg_wide.png = Screen with console(when B is pressed)
bg_gui.png + bg_gui_wide.png = Coverflow screen with 2D covers, 3D covers, disk art depending on the setting it the theme.txt

Then using CFG Configurator to arrange cover/console sizes, locations and text colour

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I think what you are missing is saving config.txt and theme.txt after you are done.

Here's some steps on what you should do from the point that you are in the Console Wizard.

1: Save your settings from the Console Wizard to the Configurator.
2: Go to Global Options 1 and name your theme in the theme option (any name will do).
3: Click the "Install all files" button to go to the install wizard.
4: Set your base directory (if it wasn't set already)
5: Choose the other images you created in the appropriate boxes (for images you don't need, just leave the box blank).
6: Ensure the "Generate config.txt?" and "Generate theme.txt?" check boxes are checked.
7: Click the big Install button to add the theme to your base directory.

chukkamental

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,, once again thank you so much for your help and understanding, i hope these pics will help,, this is what im ending up with plus the theme.txt but not the config text, ive looked at other themes and mine are not the same !!, if you would like me to write down exactly what im doing from start to finish then that may help you to help me more, im sure i should end up with the bg image.png and the bg image with my overlay console box in it?..

background-1.png

bg_overlay-1.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person