Hacking configurable usb loader takes longer than usb loader gx?

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried out CUL and i noticed its delays take much longer and doesnt seem as configurable as it sounds. ive found that its best point is configuring backgrounds and themes, but not things such as paths or general game options (over ulgx at least).

i installed the forwarder and it didnt get any faster. when i change to alphabetical order (text ordering) of my games, it goes into a computation for how much data is available and its not a quick task, taking several seconds before i can do anytihng again.

what's all the hype? just the fact that it can get prettier?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, the configuration of Cfg is not done within the loader, it is done by editing the config.txt and theme.txt files outside the loader. There are over 100 options including paths, URLs, translations, looks, child locking and many more. Look at the Configurator app in my sig to see all the different options.

Secondly, you are probably using a FAT partition if the game list takes a while to calculate space. You can set "hide_hddinfo=1" in config.txt to stop that check from happening. In fact, the -fat version of the loader automatically sets that option for you, so you should upgrade to that version and your delays will disappear.

Have a look README-CFG.txt for a full understanding of how configurable Cfg really is.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
no offense but you don't seem to know what your talking about as "CFG" not "CUL" has most if not all of its features configurable and is quite al ot more stable that GX IMPO, you seem to be a first time or fairly new user and really should get to brings with the readme before posting nonsense. one of the response CFG may take it time with loading certain things is my guess that your using a FAT32 partition and still have hddinfo = 1, which scans for used and free space while loading certain screens which has already been pointed out that can take time doing if you have a large drive and a lot of games

EDIT

where'd you come from lol

Dr Clipper beat me to it lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2