Configurable USB loader Freezes

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by jbfoster, Mar 15, 2010.

Mar 15, 2010
  1. jbfoster
    OP

Newcomer jbfoster Newbie

United States
    Hi everone, Im new here. I have been looking and searching for about 3 hours and did not find a topic for my problem.

I put Configurable USB loader on my Wii about 3 months ago and everything was working fine. About 3 weeks ago when I start Configurable USB loader and it gets to the screen with the red switch it freezes. I plugged the USB drive into my computer and my computers reads it fine. I put the files onto another SD card, same problem. I tried a flash drive with a game and the same problem.

Before I installed anything I updated to 4.2u. The USB drive is formated to WBFS. SD card is 2gb.

Anyone know of a fix or can point me in the right direction?

Can I mod the Wii again as it is now or would I need to remove what I have done?

Thanks
    Jim

2. jbfoster
    OP

Newcomer jbfoster Newbie

United States
    I could not find a solution to my problem so last night I modded the Wii again. All steps completed ok with no errors. The CFG Configurable USB loader is working ok. Not sure what the problem was but modding it again took care of the problem.

Thanks
    Jim

3. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Probably you were using the standard version of Cfg using a FAT partition relying on the automatic 222 fallback to play your games. Since rev 18 of IOS249, that fallback is no longer needed and thus Cfg is trying to launch your FAT drive with IOS249 with a revision that doesn't support it (because you must have updated Cfg and not IOS249).

By remodding the Wii, you installed IOS249 rev 19 and it would work properly.

It's either that, or that 4.2 update you said you did was recent and you stubbed out the existing IOS249 and IOS222/223 on your Wii...