Configurable USB Loader and Ocarina Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Kadou, Aug 24, 2011.

Aug 24, 2011
  1. Kadou
    OP

Newcomer Kadou Newbie

United States
    Long story short, I had my copy of Brawl burnt onto my USB drive and had Configurable USB Loader set to use Ocarina to boot up mods like Brawl Plus. When I did this months ago, I remember having no problems with the loader booting the game with the cheats; however, when I try to do the same thing now the game boots but no cheats are loaded. I tried every hook type and even changed the IOS it loaded with just to see if anything changed, with no results. I even went through alternative loader options with none of them successfully loading the cheats.

I figured this was just an issue with SSBB, so I decided to check by downloading cheats off Configurable USB Loader for DKCR just to see if it worked. It didn't. So I know I'm using the right regions for these codes, and I know it's supposed to work because I had it work before. I even updated to v70 but that didn't fix anything. So I know it should be working, as I've had it working perfectly myself some months ago; but now it refuses to boot up with cheats, and I've been searching for answers with no success.

So has anyone else experienced this problem?

2. DryYoshi

Member DryYoshi Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi

Netherlands
    If the cheats are on a SD Card, maybe the SD card has problems?

3. Kadou
    OP

Newcomer Kadou Newbie

United States
    ... Well, I feel stupid right now.

Just as I went to go format my SD card again to make sure everything was fine with it, I remembered that not all of my Brawl files were on my SD card. As soon as I transferred them over onto the card, it worked perfectly again. As for DKCR... it turns out that I was trying Version 1 codes, not the general ones. That works fine now, too.

Well, so much for that. [​IMG]