Hacking Configurable USB installs games very slowly

Gregthree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question and am leaning towards the fact that the one wii has the new dvd drive in it. I have 2 wiis soft modded. Both are using Western Digital 1TB drives. They are split into partions. THe one has an extra partition with the NTFS where the other does not. I mean one WD is WTBS, Fat32 and the other has the same two partitions with the NTFS. I do not belive this is the problem. THe drive that has the extra partition is also the drive that is attached to the newest wii.

Here is the situations. I have attached both drives to the older wii and the games install to the drives using Configurable USB Loader seamlessly. The closk starts on this baby and within minutes it is installed. But when the one WD digital with the extra NTFS partiton is hooked up to the newest wii, the games take forever to install if they install at all. The clock starts the download and it continues to start and stop the whole time. This second wii is not in my house right now but if anybody has any idea or suggestions, please advise.

They wiis are cios249 ready and not hermese 222 or anything like that.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back.

Greg

EDIT: I have my hands on the troubled compbination. It turns out that he WII is the issue. It is only 3 months old and the Serial starts out as LU74016918. It is running the CFG v55 it has the ios249 v17 installed. This is an exact duplicate of both wiis. The only difference is the age. What can I do or what do I need to do. I even ran Pimp my Wii on the newest wii. Updated several IOS but still no success. Please help. I am at end of my searching knowledge and do not know where to turn at this point.

Gregthree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just took the LU74 wii and changed the cIOS249 to rev 19 and still nothing. The game is recognized and starts to install like it should. It goes a few percentage and then stops. Goes some more and then stops. Well........................... I know this is not the only new drive out there in fact, I bet most people use the usb hdd because of the newest chip set. come on people, I know someone knows. PS, the game is installing but we will see if it finishes. It may take all night if it finishes.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gregthree said:
Well, I just took the LU74 wii and changed the cIOS249 to rev 19 and still nothing. The game is recognized and starts to install like it should. It goes a few percentage and then stops. Goes some more and then stops. Well........................... I know this is not the only new drive out there in fact, I bet most people use the usb hdd because of the newest chip set. come on people, I know someone knows. PS, the game is installing but we will see if it finishes. It may take all night if it finishes.
What games have you been trying to install? Some take longer than other. I've only done a few installations but small ones like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Cooking Mama, and Wii Sport Resort don't take long at all. However the few bigger games I've done didn't take longer than 2 hours I think.

Gregthree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
Gregthree said:
What games have you been trying to install? Some take longer than other. I've only done a few installations but small ones like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Cooking Mama, and Wii Sport Resort don't take long at all. However the few bigger games I've done didn't take longer than 2 hours I think.

Maybe then it is normal what it is doing. The only reason I think there is a problem because on my older wii the games only take 10 minutes or so. I did avatar in 8 minutes. So are you saying that the timer is not moving at a constant pace, the start stop thing. My older wii just flies thru the backup.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gregthree said:
EeZeEpEe said:
Gregthree said:

Maybe then it is normal what it is doing. The only reason I think there is a problem because on my older wii the games only take 10 minutes or so. I did avatar in 8 minutes. So are you saying that the timer is not moving at a constant pace, the start stop thing. My older wii just flies thru the backup.
So you're saying when backing up the same game on both Wii systems it's noticeably faster on the older one? What I'm saying is that games come in different sizes. I forgot to mention in my previous post that all those games are very small compared to games like Metroid Prime Trilogy, Madworld, etc. Basically any game that uses up nearly the entire DVD. I'm pretty sure Avatar is one of those small games.

Gregthree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is exactly what I am saying. I have not had any games atake any longer than 20 minutes on my older WII. I have not finished one on the newer wii because since it was taking so long to do, I stopped it thinking it was not working properly. I have SSBB, NSMBW, AVATAR, all of them installed in minutes. Aagain I have not installed anything with the new wii because it was 20 minutes and only at about 10 percent or so.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gregthree said:
That is exactly what I am saying. I have not had any games atake any longer than 20 minutes on my older WII. I have not finished one on the newer wii because since it was taking so long to do, I stopped it thinking it was not working properly. I have SSBB, NSMBW, AVATAR, all of them installed in minutes. Aagain I have not installed anything with the new wii because it was 20 minutes and only at about 10 percent or so.
Then yeah it must be something with the disc drive. Newer Wii systems are already known to not be able to read burned DVDs so maybe creating backups is another issue.

Gregthree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is the case, then we need to get some updates on approximate times it takes to install games directly from the wii to the hdd. Our LU74 takes several hours. I will give a game name and time tomorrow once I start and finish the install.

Be back tomorrow.

It tomorrow. The game froze half way thru it. so the LU74 has not completed a game to the hdd. The game name is Just Dance.

It is now being transfered to the PC using dvd dumper 1.2. It is going to take a while but we will get back in touc when done. This will suck though because it needs to be transfered back to the hdd thru wbsf manager. Just too many steps. I will also read up on the dvd dumber dumping directly to the hdd. It says sd or usb so I ma hoping. Again I will get back in touch soon.

Gregthree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DVD Dumper was a success. Dumped it to PC and then uses WBSF Manager and transfered back to HDD. Nor really sure why I cannot install game directly to the hdd from the wii using usb Loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs