Conficker C - Massive Computer Worm

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Raiser, Apr 2, 2009.

Apr 2, 2009
  1. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    As most of you know, a few weeks ago information about a worm was released to the public.
    Apparently, the worm is known as Conficker C and hides in one's computer until April 1 (Today).
    Then something triggers the worm and it eventually eats up your computer and will start creating lines of malicious code and will try to connect around 500 URLs a day while trying to reach the "master". Once it has, one's computer will become part of a "botnet" of infected CPUs.

Also, nothing has been confirmed; we still don't know if it's just a massive April Fool's prank or if it truly is a worm (which is what security experts believe it to be).

So right now, it's about 45 till midnight and nothing has happened yet.
    Anyone know of any updates?

2. Sharpz

Member Sharpz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I say BS.If such a virus existed there would be people on here saying "OMG MY COMP HAZ VIRUS,HALP!",but there hasn't been such a thing and I won't believe it 'till someone has proof.

3. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    But that's the thing, if it happens, the whole web will know about it.
    I don't believe it's real 100% just yet but I'm skeptical.

I'm still on edge, running malware + virus scans every night (doubt it does any good though).
    I'd say if it it starts up, it'll be within the next 2 days. If not, it was one of the world's greatest April Fool's day pranks.