[Conf.] Sonic Rush Adventure

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Apr 11, 2007.

Apr 11, 2007

[Conf.] Sonic Rush Adventure by Hadrian at 6:50 PM (3,428 Views / 0 Likes) 42 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Sega of America recently filed a new patent with The United States Patent and Trademark Office for a ‘Sonic Rush Adventure’ title, this has lead to speculation that a Sonic Rush sequel is on the way.

It is worth bearing in mind that companies register patents and trademarks all the time, and only a selection of them ever come to fruition, but given the success of the previous Sonic Rush title, it seems fair to assume that this particular game will eventually come about.

Although we don’t know any more about the games of yet, the name alone brings back memories of the ‘Sonic Adventure’ Dreamcast titles, leading some to believe that the new game will feature at least some elements from those two titles.

We will just have to wait and see whether this comes in the form of 3D gameplay, some sort of central hub/exploration areas, or something entirely different. We’ll keep you posted with the latest updates.

From here.

So yeah could be something, could be nothing. But if it is a future DS title PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T BE IN 3D!!

2. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    I'm all for a Sonic Rush sequel.

BUT PLEASE = [*]Less bottomless bloody pits![*]Less grinding on rails with bottomless pits[*]Less emphasis on speed and more on platforming[*]No MORE FUCKING new characters[*]And yeh, no 3D please!

3. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah pretty much agree with you there another thing I like to add is NO BLOODY STORYLINE! I'm also fed up with Sonics apparent "attitude".

4. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    Well Sega always wanted to make a Sonic with a coool atitude (since the old genesis/megadrive days) because he was their answer to Mario from nintendo , they wanted to appeal more kids with a cooler mascott. So think you will have to suffer more from Sonic apparent ''attitude'' like you said haha.

5. lastdual

lastdual Newbie

I'm with Shaun except for #3 (there's no reason we can't have speed and platforming), but this would seem weird following Sega's recent announcement of taking a break from Sonic games. They said they wanted to reinvent the series, releasing fewer games but spending more time developing them to ensure quality, as Nintendo does with Mario... Perhaps they were only talking about home console iterations of Sonic.

6. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    I've never played Sonic before... I don't actually know why, I've just never downloaded it. I might see if it's worth a try.

- Sam

7. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Actually really liked the first Sonic Adventure game. Wasn't very keen on the second, the non-sonic levels were crap.
    Sonic speaking makes me cringe, but surely if it's an adventure game it's got to have some kind of story?

8. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    where have you been for the past 20 years? and sonic is all about speed, nothing will change in that department, and tbh i actually like the grinding, i'm all for something new aswell as long as it dosn't go too far.

9. Mars

Member Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

United States
    This better be in 2D.

10. Torte

Member Torte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    How about 2D with 3D visuals... just like the first. I'm sure Sonic HD has hit the company hard enough to tell them to give up on this holy grail. I swear, if it is in 3D I'm gonna buy it, burn it and send it back to them or something,

11. Perseid

Member Perseid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey, maybe we'll get lucky and Big the Cat will make his triumphant return...

12. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    I dunno...Sonic Rush was pretty bombtastic if you ask me....a wee bit easy but still a blast

13. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I just hope it lives up to sonic rush

also, its great to see sega finally accept that they're running sonic into the ground, and are now opting for a reboot
    sonic's a good franchise, and has perhaps been given too many lives in regards to some of the awful games he's had, but he still has potential

14. Kiljaeden

Member Kiljaeden GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I loved sonic on Master System and Mega Drive. I disliked Sonic on Nintendo DS. I don't know what it was about it. I thought that it was actually much faster than the sega classics and that's why I didn't get into it that much. I'll go back and give it another try, but I'll agree with the pace comment.

15. beautifulbeast

Member beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    @shaunj66: Amen, brother! specially to all you said about bottomless pits. Sonic has become a game supossedly about speed, but everytime you run or jump, you end up dying, so there's no way to get good at it.
    Also, Amen to everyone who is saying it better not be 3D, but I think Sega might have learned a lesson (I might be wrong too).

16. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Sonic always had bottomless pits, but you didn't often fall into them simply because the levels were always so multi-layered and non-linear. They also weren't put in pathetic places so you didn't have to memorize such and such a jump to get it just perfect and not fall.

17. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I'd rather just have all the Genesis Sonics compiled into one cart for the DS. I have yet to play a 3D Sonic that was worth squat.....those isometric ones sucked, IMO, too.

Sonic 1, 2 and 3 as well as Sonic & Knuckles and the combos that go with it (S&K had it where you could plug in 1 ,2 or 3 into the top of it) in one cart would be a MUST HAVE title.

They screwed up big-time with the Sonic 1 for GBA, they could make it right on the DS.

Sonic 2 was my all-time favorite Sonic ever. The music from that game still reverberates in my head to this day....especially the boss music.

18. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sonic Rush was disappointing after the first area.

If there is a sequel, it needs to be more like either the Genesis games, or like Sonic Advance 2.

19. brins0

Newcomer brins0 Member

United Kingdom
    I agree with all of you here too... Sonic used to be something I looked forward to playing when I got home from school, an now, I only ever play the newer ones when i'm really bored...

Sonic 3 & Knuckles has to have been the best sonic game i've ever played, an i'd love to see another game made using the same "engine", but with new levels, sprites an bosses... They should use the SAME sound effects that they used too, as the ones in recent portable games sound abysmal. I do quite like the addition of "CD quality" music however... it does liven the game up, so long as it's appropriate.

20. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    As long as its in 2D had no story mode and is as playable as sonic rush. Then this will be a great game.