Conductive Epoxy Anyone?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Arch Feline, Apr 13, 2008.

Apr 13, 2008

Conductive Epoxy Anyone? by Arch Feline at 6:14 PM (1,183 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Arch Feline
    OP

Member Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How hard could it be to come out with a glue that will also make a conducting connection? I am half joking when I suggest this but only half.

I have put in enough research, brainstorming and soldering practice on my Wii chip that I can visualize needing to solder the wires to adjacent pins with one use of the iron. Even attaching 6 wires to the Wii-Clip v1. and only 3 wires to pads is a daunting prospect that causes me to look at ways of getting my Wii to Eglinton West/Dufferin where there is a repair shop offering a warranty.

I am going to solder some more and maybe do the 6 wires between the Wasabi and the Wii-Clip.

2. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Sounds like you need more practice, and maybe a finer tip on your iron, and a magnifying lens.

3. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Conductive glue does exist, but I doubt it's practical for such fine connections.

4. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    I have a pen that writes conductive silver traces. But it's useless for soldering to the Wii's IC legs.

5. squirt1000

Banned squirt1000 Would rather have a cup of Tea!

United Kingdom
    Conductive pens can be bought easily enough as they are used for repairing the fine wire that is used in a heated windscreen on a car [​IMG]

Crap as an alternative for solder though!

6. Arch Feline
    OP

Member Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There is now no such glue. There used to be no such thing as a Wii-Clip. Someone thought that a Wii-Clip would be a reasonable business venture and someone else may be genius enough to produce the glue. In addition to conductivity the glue should also have the property of being highly visible.

I have a magnifier and I need more time soldering. All the same soldering 6 wires to the Wii-Clip and 3 to those dots of solder on the Wii euphemistically called solder pads is going to be a stretch.

7. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Conductive glue, as well as conductive PLASTICS, both exst =P.

8. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    I have limited use of my right hand ... and yes, I am right-handed ... , due to an accident, years ago, and I can manage to chip a Wii.

You just need more practice.

And, as was said, the things you want, do exist ... they are just no good for the purpose you want them for.

9. oxidus

Newcomer oxidus Member

United States
    yeah these exist but would be worthless for use on wii chip connections.