Conduct Review Board?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Ryukouki, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2011

Conduct Review Board? by Ryukouki at 12:31 AM (715 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ryukouki
    OP

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    Hi. I was browsing a few random forums, and I found an interesting concept that I'd LOVE to see be applied here. It's called a Conduct Review Board.

Basically, the CRB is a group of admins, mods, and some trustworthy senior members that demonstrate a levelheadedness when dealing with contentious and odd situations. The way the system works is outlined below.

I think it's a clever idea to implement. It'll allow more community bonding and maybe a chance to interact with staff.

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    This idea is fucking stupid.

3. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    Agreed.

The mods here are generally very ... well ... good.

Even if they're a bit of a pain in my ass sometimes, this place would be too....formal and boring by putting them further in check.

The idea is a worthless bureaucracy designed to make the thankless job of a moderator worse.

4. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    "if it aint broke don't fix it".

As monkat said more bureaucracy=more of a pain.

besides too many whiners would abuse the system, IMO.

edit: "If the user or moderator disagrees with the board's decision, the Appeals Board will be summoned. Consisting of evkl and Archaic, we will first decide whether to review the case (based on the facts already collected). If the Appeals Board declines to review it, the original ruling stands. Otherwise, we may collect additional facts and make a ruling. That ruling is final. In the event of a split vote on the outcome, the original ruling stands.

In the event of a conflict of interest on the Appeals Board, Evil Figment will be the first replacement to the board. In the event that both evkl and Archaic are under scrutiny, Evil Figment and another CRB member not included in the original three will be chosen at random to be the appeals board."

who is evkl and Archaic anyway? Their not admins so they have no say/power.

5. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Wow this thing is real formal for an unformal forum

Yey 600th post

6. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    As others have stated this adds a ridiculous amount of bureaucracy to the process of moderating this forum that we just don't need. GBAtemp is huge, and introducing something like this could potentially swamp the staff and other "CRB's" with utterly pointless "cases." I can easily see every single n00b who gets a post trashed running to this and demanding their cause be taken to the "GBAtemp supreme court." So yeah no thanks.

Also I take issue with your opening statement, we deal with matters behind the scenes in an extremely level headed and mature way, we don't just moderate this place willy nilly. Reports, members and other contentious issues are discussed frequently, and the more difficult situations are discussed at great length. Of course you would have no appreciation of this because you just dont know what is going on behind the scenes here. If you did you would realise just how utterly pointless this suggestion is.

So with that in mind, and with Costello's permission I will close this as no further discussion on this suggestion is required.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.