Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
New Trailer (Caution - Rated 18).
Is anyone else pumped for this game? This is my most anticipated game so far this year. The first game was the first 360 game I ever played on UK launch day. It was way underrated and missed by a lot of gamers. People just didn't see it through which was a real shame as the game was full of original ideas, very claustrophobic, atmospheric, scary and EXTREMELY violent (Resi and Silent Hill have nothing on this game, play it in the dark at night, I double dare ya!). Even today it stands up as one of the best games on 360. The endgame was truly amazing!

Plot:
Players will assume the identity of Ethan Thomas, the former Special Crimes Unit investigator, whos been called back to duty to track down his missing partner. The disturbing events from Ethans past have left him a broken man a desperate burnout, drifting aimlessly through a society in inexplicable decline. Fighting inner demons throughout his one-man investigation into a sinister conspiracy, Ethan will need to use anything and everything in the environment to survive as he unravels the mysteries shrouding the city in darkness. Condemned 2 begins about one year after the events that occurred in the previous installment, Condemned: Criminal Origins. The many strange and unexplainable things that happen @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condemned_2:_Bloodshot

The sequal also has online multiplayer this time round, only it's not your standard fare as Condemned is more about first person melee, with blocks and parrys, and also gruesome finishing moves! In the first game firearms where sparse, even if you found them bullets were hard to come by. Theres even an achievement for finishing the game without firing a single shot.
I urge 360 owners to pick up the first game (Condemned Criminal Origins) before Bloodshot is released to get the feel of how it plays, also to see how amazingly awesome Bloodshot is compared to it's prequal. You can find it in stores for around £10 now as it was a launch day title, or if your 360 is flashed.. you know the drill
wink.gif

Also look out for the exploding babies in that trailer (why oh why Monolith? lol). The words Jack, Thompson, field and day spring to mind
wink.gif
).

Current Release Dates:
February 2008 AU
03/11/08 US
03/14/08 EU

OMG AUS = PAL = Me
biggrin.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my, Hadrian as Ethan Thomas.
laugh.gif

I thought the first game was about solving crime, not battling a Silent Hill kind of city, I don't like it.
I want some Max Payne noir action!!!, not more Dementium games!!!

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
In the first game the cop guy from heroes who reads minds did the voice acting. Apparantly they took him out of Bloodshot as they want Ethan to be more gritty.
Did you watch the trailer VVoltz? May change your mind. Man I never write off a game without at least LOOKING at it lol
biggrin.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
In the first game the cop guy from heroes who reads minds did the voice acting. Apparantly they took him out of Bloodshot as they want Ethan to be more gritty.
Did you watch the trailer VVoltz? May change your mind. Man I never write off a game without at least LOOKING at it lol
biggrin.gif

Well, I did Thug, but I seriously thought the first one was (as I read) Silence of the Lambs meets Seven.
Have you played SWAT 4 on PC?, the second stage is the game I would love to play, scary, in a more believable way.

Not talking about the FPS style, just the atmosphere.
Maybe I used the term noir wrong, I want more thrilled action!, not paranormal stuff.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha just play it vvoltz!

it's pretty action packed because you can't use guns all the time. it's mostly melee based.
in the first one, one of the weirder and cooler weapons was the paper cutter. slashing at peoples heads with a paper cutter when they jump out at you in the dark is pretty nuts.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I loved the fireaxe lol. The weight of it and the way it connects is truly gruesome! Also liked the planks of wood on fire in the later levels, the graphics and lighting were excellent.
I read theres up to 40 (yes 40) finishing moves in this one! I just hope they added a Samurai sword with a 'behead' finisher WOW lol. I think the first game only had 4 or 8 finishers.
I can't believe the release is so close! I really hope it sticks though I'm sure it will or we would have heard by now (surely?).

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
haha just play it vvoltz!

it's pretty action packed because you can't use guns all the time. it's mostly melee based.
in the first one, one of the weirder and cooler weapons was the paper cutter. slashing at peoples heads with a paper cutter when they jump out at you in the dark is pretty nuts.
OK I will. How long was the first one?

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
So it's been out a few days now, anyone playing it?
I only burned it this morning and have just finished the first level and all I can say is WOW. Massive improvements over the first game.

For anyone in two minds of whether to check out this masterpiece, just watch this to see how people react to some of the scenes etc. in the game:

SPOILERS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHQI6aGyu2k

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finished it yesterday
smile.gif
, moved on to vegas 2 now. Thought it was pretty good , can't really say it was much better than first , seemed more of the same to me ,not that it's a bad thing
smile.gif
. A few nice changes to it though , like being able to holster a gun (it's an upgrade , don't think it was in the first) , so you can conserve stuff for the tougher enemies. Judging by the end , there will be a third
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent