Homebrew Concerning Migration from Japanese to English in Pokemon

BananaX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that I had heard somewhere that a Japanese .sav file of Pokemon Diamond apparently works when played on an English game, thus allowing you to continue your game in English after the Japanese game. First of all, is this true?

Second, will it apply to Platinum? I'm playing through the Japanese version at the moment on my Cyclo and I would like to be able to switch to the English version with my old save when it comes out. Thanks.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes, I can confirm that a Jap Diamond.sav works with an english rom and vice versa. It also works with the new Pokemon Ranger.
Platinum should also work if it's like Diamond but we can't tell until it comes out.

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I tried the save editor at one point I noticed it completely messed up for my Platinum save. In other words, the saves are slightly different.

BananaX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X D D X said:
Yes, I can confirm that a Jap Diamond.sav works with an english rom and vice versa. It also works with the new Pokemon Ranger.
Platinum should also work if it's like Diamond but we can't tell until it comes out.
That must mean that the English version of D/P is just a patched version of the Japanese ROM.
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte