Hacking Concerning 3DS abilities

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I have a question that I would like answer please.
So recently I bought a 3DS, and it seems that the hacking of it is still a little under construction.
So my question is: can it run DS games using an R4?

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's so many choices e.e, I just want to run ds games on my 3DS, since flaschards can't run 3DS games so well atm.
Which would you reccomend and the firmware.

I'm kinda new in the ds thing that's why I'm asking xD

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
There's so many choices e.e, I just want to run ds games on my 3DS, since flaschards can't run 3DS games so well atm.
Which would you reccomend and the firmware.

I'm kinda new in the ds thing that's why I'm asking xD
In my experience the R4i-SDHC is the easiest to use, especially for beginners.
There are some better carts like Acekard 2i, Super Card DSTwo but they are more for people who have had experience with flashcarts before.

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've asked a friend of mine who has a ds for some time and is hacked, and I think i'll get the EZ-Flash

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of abilities of the 3ds id like to know if we will ever know what it has in it for a processor and how powerful it is and what it would take to find out , i mean couldnt someone decap the cpu and put it in a sem(scanning electron microscope) or tem and be able to tell? or is there some way to do a speed test with some sort of semiconductor test equipment? my friend used to build those for ltx ,not sure if that would be able to test the 3ds cpu im sure these specificaaly made for 1 or only a few chips ,big huge expensive semi conductor test machines with complex liquid cooling systems

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've asked a friend of mine who has a ds for some time and is hacked, and I think i'll get the EZ-Flash
Wait, why?

speaking of abilities of the 3ds id like to know if we will ever know what it has in it for a processor and how powerful it is and what it would take to find out , i mean couldnt someone decap the cpu and put it in a sem(scanning electron microscope) or tem and be able to tell? or is there some way to do a speed test with some sort of semiconductor test equipment? my friend used to build those for ltx ,not sure if that would be able to test the 3ds cpu im sure these specificaaly made for 1 or only a few chips ,big huge expensive semi conductor test machines with complex liquid cooling systems
I don't have an SEM handy, do you?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
um... cocky much?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
um... cocky much?
This is possible. Makes me wonder if JPL has the equipment for this... they're only 10 miles away from here, lol.

Of course, decapping the chips and such wouldn't be helpful if you couldn't read the keys off the chip (or couldn't analyze the data properly)...

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha no rydian i dont either but there are people who do, someone going to a university could have access ,or someone who works with this stuff ,or a card dev team maybe,,peope were talking about contracting out a similar decap project with the ps3
and what is this other guy talking about being cocky? i asked a question

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um... cocky much?
This is possible. Makes me wonder if JPL has the equipment for this... they're only 10 miles away from here, lol.

Of course, decapping the chips and such wouldn't be helpful if you couldn't read the keys off the chip (or couldn't analyze the data properly)...
no not for hacking it, but couldnt someone get a transistor count or an idea of the architecture or the chip? im guessing if its off the shelf it should not be hard to id, but if its proprietary then it would obviously be harder ,
and you dont need jpl for a microscope like that there are other places in industry and universities that have them ,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
In my experience the R4i-SDHC is the easiest to use, especially for beginners.
There are some better carts like Acekard 2i, Super Card DSTwo but they are more for people who have had experience with flashcarts before.

The supercard, maybe.. but the AK2i is extremely easy to setup and use..

Why are you getting the Ez-Flash?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: