Conception: Ore no Kodomo wo Undekure announced for PSP

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:wtf: If 'THIS' is the future of gaming then I won't even WANT to know their absurb and vague series will turn out. This game WON'T even make it into the US soil; two of the obvious reasons are religious related.

The biggest reason is probably because American gamers would never bite on such a concept. Not because we're "ignorant" but because we think it looks absolutely stupid. It just comes off as a "LOOK AT ME I'M SO KOOKY AND QUIRKY" JRPG.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
:wtf: If 'THIS' is the future of gaming then I won't even WANT to know their absurb and vague series will turn out. This game WON'T even make it into the US soil; two of the obvious reasons are religious related.

The biggest reason is probably because American gamers would never bite on such a concept. Not because we're "ignorant" but because we think it looks absolutely stupid. It just comes off as a "LOOK AT ME I'M SO KOOKY AND QUIRKY" JRPG.

Americans will try almost anything that gives off the uniqueness and quirkiness from food, movies, dances, activities, and socialzing. The boundaries are caused by our beliefs (hypocrites we are) which we can take it from one extreme to the next. However, we seem to enjoy of exploring those things we call 'sickening' and turn it into an 'Americanize' fab.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Americans will try almost anything that gives off the uniqueness and quirkiness from food, movies, dances, activities, and socialzing. The boundaries are caused by our beliefs (hypocrites we are) which we can take it from one extreme to the next. However, we seem to enjoy of exploring those things we call 'sickening' and turn it into an 'Americanize' fab.

The Japanese know we are secretly poon hounds that's why they make these borderline games to capitalize on it and take our money. It's also the reason why Funi and Sentai take every ecchi and even a few loli anime, look what happened with Ro-Kyu-Bu, it got licensed day 1 as it aired it's 1st ep in Japan nonetheless.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
WTF is this game?

:wtf:

I :wub: google translate
I HATE Google Translate :angry:

I'll be back with a better translation in a few.

*EDIT*
Conception: Please Bear My Child! - An RPG where you make stronger babies to save the world.

We have some new information about Spike's upcoming RPG! It's called Conception: Please Bear My Child!

2011-10-27 00:00

Make babies, exorcise the Impurity!

BNKaYhZ7Kl9uNo64YMgh8xQp22696f6w.jpg

We have some new information about Spike's upcoming RPG! It's called Conception: Please Bear My Child! This edgy RPG title is being developed under the supervision of Dangan Rompa Kibō no Gakuen to Zetsubō no Kōkōsei producer Zentoku Terasawa and assistant producer Yūichirō Saitō. As such, it has garnered plenty of attention. In this article, we unveil the game setting and plot synopsis.

LygsVHGa95nj7X6z9R3y29oOa9m81GJ7.jpg

Kanata
Ah, Itsuki.
Hey, where were you?

Ijw34tmQQ941TPOcTkty3NL74GSre4Rq.jpg

Itsuki
Mahiru, I came to ask you for a/an 愛好の儀.
Translator's note: 愛好の儀 is untranslateable--even native Japanese are
asking what the hell it means on Japanese forums. -Den

■ Story

You are Itsuki Yuge, a freeloading teenager living with your cousin and childhood friend, Mahiru Kosugi, without paying rent. On the day of high school graduation, Mahiru approaches you with some shocking news.

"I think I'm pregnant..."

Upon hearing this surprising confession, you are both suddenly whisked away through a gate of light and off to a parallel world called Granvania. There is a disturbance in the stars, and the magical world of Granvania is on the verge of a catastrophic crisis brought about by "The Impurity." The Impurity can only be cleansed by a child formed by the union of a Marebito* and a Priestess of the Twelve Constellations. Itsuki is treated by everyone as a Marebito*. So in order to return back to his own world and save the world of Granvania, he must request something of the Priestesses.

"Please bear my child...!"

At7IXv6c666mq3zOG22z1Ej6K28kvZMu.jpg

■ Itsuki Yuge
A high school student with no ambition. Though apathetic, he has a
strong sense of justice. He's nice to the ladies, but impatient and
thick-headed. It's his destiny to become a Marebito*.
*Translator's note: "Marebito" (稀人), lit. "rare person."
My guess would be that a Marebito is the word for "human" on the
world of Granvania.
-Den

TeT1P6zy8y1u5FK77Az4hD56soAxb4h6.jpg

■ Mahiru Kosugi
A young girl destined to be a Priestess of Virgo. As Itsuki's childhood
pal and cousin, she has no feelings for Itsuki.
Translator's note: "no feelings for Itsuki?" Shit, I would hope not! :wtf:
/incestuous undertones :unsure:
-Den

■ Develop deep relationships with the 12 Priestesses of the Constellations, and make stronger babies
In order to battle the Impurity that threatens to exterminate the parallel world of Granvania, the protagonist must have Star Children with the 12 Priestesses of the Constellations. To have more powerful children, have intimate relationships with the Priestesses.

rF276XqQ587ATui1X26E6614m68wfcr5.jpg

- This is my money
- This is money for my train fare back home
- I don't have any

Kanata
I know.
Mana gave you some money, didn't she?

gir8717yN4QZG1Q4XKz8MV4YYveIaftn.jpg

Ruka
Itsuki! Now what are you
planning to do to me!?

ESV7dxbT6BAd2o54M74uaA6G53vxAgrF.jpg

■ Together with your Star Children, banish the Impurity plaguing the Stardust Labyrinth
The player must go through each section of the Labyrinth with his Star Children, clearing the Impurity along the way. You can battle against the Impurity with a party of 13 players. It seems that the battle system places emphasis on how you use positioning to attack.

DPfo284C65HKk2uMW673K9X9fffww3VQ.jpg

AL2GW5ZZX9mU4d1b6iHp89XQAln5QEc7.jpg

AJ3r1z7J24SXH391NdAC441K1ET73I3g.jpg

Slick

※For details, check out the Weekly Famitsu 11/10/2011 issue (on sale 10/27/2011)!!

Conception: Please Bear My Child!
Maker: Spike
Platform: PSP (PlayStation Portable)
Release Date: To be determined
Price: To be determined
Genre: RPG / Fantasy Love
Other: Pricing for the PS Store download version to be determined; Produced by Zentoku Terasawa; Character Design by Shinichirō Otsuka (savastudio); Music by Masato Kōda (DesignWave)

© Spike All Rights Reserved. ※ Currently under development, screenshots may not reflect final product.

Translator's note: You may see this title translated elsewhere as any of the following:
  • Please Have My Child(ren)!
  • Please Bear My Child(ren)!
  • Please Give Birth to My Child(ren)!
  • Any of the above, with "Child(ren)" replaced by "Baby / Babies"
They are all correct. And there is no distinction between the singular and plural in Japanese so the translation can go either way. -Den
Eh, this game sucks. Don't know why I even bothered. Maybe it's my deep-seated hatred for Google Translate :P

Reactions: 1 person

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
WTF is this game?

On the very day of high school graduation, Yuge Itsuki's cousin and childhood friend, who he homestays* with, Konatsuki* Mahiru, has a shocking confession for him: "I think I'm pregnant..."

Astounded by the sudden confession, a sudden gate of light engulfs the two into a whole new world, Granvania, a magical world where "impurities" cast by the "Star of Discord" has put the world into a crisis. It is said that a "Star Child" born between a Rare Being and one of the Priestesses of the 12 Constellations is the only way to purify the "impurities." Being treated like a Rare Being, Itsuki has no other choice but to meet the 12 Priestesses, in order to save Granvania and go back to his world.

"Please bare my child....!"

*=unsure
I was faster :creep:

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
homestays*

*=unsure
Yeah, you're pretty much right. 居候する technically means to "mooch" off of someone by living at their place without helping with rent, but it doesn't really matter.

I was faster :creep:
忍び込まれた~!

:ninja:
Thanks for the confirmation. I was just wondering because 居候 is one of those words that doesn't have a clear, one-word translation that translates its literal meaning (which is to ,basically, stay in somebody else's home due to some circumstances). Homestay usually implies to study-abroad kind of students, staying at volunteers' houses.

And yes, ninja'd :creep:

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the confirmation.
Any time, 五月雨! ;)

And yes, ninja'd :creep:
:angry:

I'll have to watch my back around you next time. You have actual ninja blood coursing through your veins.

I only understand the language of ninja (hence I can read ninja scrolls and get my ninja powers that way).

:ninja:

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
WTF is this game?

*EDIT*
Conception: Please Bear My Child! - An RPG where you make stronger babies to save the world.

We have some new information about Spike's upcoming RPG! It's called Conception: Please Bear My Child!

2011-10-27 00:00

Make babies, exorcise the Impurity!

BNKaYhZ7Kl9uNo64YMgh8xQp22696f6w.jpg

We have some new information about Spike's upcoming RPG! It's called Conception: Please Bear My Child! This edgy RPG title is being developed under the supervision of Dangan Rompa Kibō no Gakuen to Zetsubō no Kōkōsei producer Zentoku Terasawa and assistant producer Yūichirō Saitō. As such, it has garnered plenty of attention. In this article, we unveil the game setting and plot synopsis.

LygsVHGa95nj7X6z9R3y29oOa9m81GJ7.jpg

Kanata
Ah, Itsuki.
Hey, where were you?

Ijw34tmQQ941TPOcTkty3NL74GSre4Rq.jpg

Itsuki
Mahiru, I came to ask you for a/an 愛好の儀.
Translator's note: 愛好の儀 is untranslateable--even native Japanese are
asking what the hell it means on Japanese forums. -Den

■ Story

You are Itsuki Yuge, a freeloading teenager living with your cousin and childhood friend, Mahiru Kosugi, without paying rent. On the day of high school graduation, Mahiru approaches you with some shocking news.

"I think I'm pregnant..."

Upon hearing this surprising confession, you are both suddenly whisked away through a gate of light and off to a parallel world called Granvania. There is a disturbance in the stars, and the magical world of Granvania is on the verge of a catastrophic crisis brought about by "The Impurity." The Impurity can only be cleansed by a child formed by the union of a Marebito* and a Priestess of the Twelve Constellations. Itsuki is treated by everyone as a Marebito*. So in order to return back to his own world and save the world of Granvania, he must request something of the Priestesses.

"Please bear my child...!"

At7IXv6c666mq3zOG22z1Ej6K28kvZMu.jpg

■ Itsuki Yuge
A high school student with no ambition. Though apathetic, he has a
strong sense of justice. He's nice to the ladies, but impatient and
thick-headed. It's his destiny to become a Marebito*.
*Translator's note: "Marebito" (稀人), lit. "rare person."
My guess would be that a Marebito is the word for "human" on the
world of Granvania.
-Den

TeT1P6zy8y1u5FK77Az4hD56soAxb4h6.jpg

■ Mahiru Kosugi
A young girl destined to be a Priestess of Virgo. As Itsuki's childhood
pal and cousin, she has no feelings for Itsuki.
Translator's note: "no feelings for Itsuki?" Shit, I would hope not! :wtf:
/incestuous undertones :unsure:
-Den

■ Develop deep relationships with the 12 Priestesses of the Constellations, and make stronger babies
In order to battle the Impurity that threatens to exterminate the parallel world of Granvania, the protagonist must have Star Children with the 12 Priestesses of the Constellations. To have more powerful children, have intimate relationships with the Priestesses.

rF276XqQ587ATui1X26E6614m68wfcr5.jpg

- This is my money
- This is money for my train fare back home
- I don't have any

Kanata
I know.
Mana gave you some money, didn't she?

gir8717yN4QZG1Q4XKz8MV4YYveIaftn.jpg

Ruka
Itsuki! Now what are you
planning to do to me!?

ESV7dxbT6BAd2o54M74uaA6G53vxAgrF.jpg

■ Together with your Star Children, banish the Impurity plaguing the Stardust Labyrinth
The player must go through each section of the Labyrinth with his Star Children, clearing the Impurity along the way. You can battle against the Impurity with a party of 13 players. It seems that the battle system places emphasis on how you use positioning to attack.

DPfo284C65HKk2uMW673K9X9fffww3VQ.jpg

AL2GW5ZZX9mU4d1b6iHp89XQAln5QEc7.jpg

AJ3r1z7J24SXH391NdAC441K1ET73I3g.jpg

Slick

※For details, check out the Weekly Famitsu 11/10/2011 issue (on sale 10/27/2011)!!

Conception: Please Bear My Child!
Maker: Spike
Platform: PSP (PlayStation Portable)
Release Date: To be determined
Price: To be determined
Genre: RPG / Fantasy Love
Other: Pricing for the PS Store download version to be determined; Produced by Zentoku Terasawa; Character Design by Shinichirou Otsuka (savastudio); Music by Masato Kouda (DesignWave)

© Spike All Rights Reserved. ※ Currently under development, screenshots may not reflect final product.

Translator's note: You may see this title translated elsewhere as any of the following:
  • Please Have My Child(ren)!
  • Please Bear My Child(ren)!
  • Please Give Birth to My Child(ren)!
  • Any of the above, with "Child(ren)" replaced by "Baby / Babies"
They are all correct. And there is no distinction between the singular and plural in Japanese so the translation can go either way. -Den
Eh, this game sucks. Don't know why I even bothered. Maybe it's my deep-seated hatred for Google Translate :P
You ruined the entire game for me :( , I preferred the google translated version

On-topic: The screen shots for this game look pretty cool

Clairjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate that this never came to US yet we get the sequil...wtf anyone heard of wanting the full story. same thing happened with many games in the past...earthbound for example :( i need to learn japanese

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4