Concept of New DS Lite

TGBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
One imaginative enthusiast has taken it upon himself to create an animated mock-up of what the new DS might look like. The 3D animated model is based on a concept by Nick Lowe, and it’s certainly getting favourable feedback from gamers, with plenty of positive comments meeting the clip’s posting on GameTrailers.com.

Mock Up DS Lite Ad

I must admit tat DS doesnt look bad
yaynds.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks nice, but it couldn't really work. The sides that pull out would have to be hollow, so it would feel really cheap. And the triggers are in an uncomfortable spot too. You'd have to use your middle finger.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that it was a little neat how the Concept Design's triggers resembled the one on the Wiimote...
happy.gif

Yeah, that stylus slot is in a somewhat awkward place but what really was a thorn in my side was top screen that flips out. It seemed a little... weak. Weak as it it could break/snap off if it was flipped open and you accidentally dropped it on the floor or something.

I thought the "folding-in" idea was really fraking cool, but again, one pet peeve. The D-pad and the ABXY buttons are still exposed once the unit is completely folded-in... exposing them to the world, unprotected. I suspect that buttons might become damaged by this...

Still, I'm lovin' teh concept!
happy.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I didn't see it the first time.
But still, either that stylus is smaller, or that design is taller than the Lite (standing up the way it is in the video).

But like underpressure116 said, I can't see it working due to the hollowness of it. I looks like it doesn't have any room for any of the actual hardware. I can't even tell how the buttons would be connected to the center due to them sliding on a very thin piece of plastic.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
looks nice. I'd prefer shoulder buttons to be on the actual shoulders though
happy.gif

And the bottom screen seems to be set a bit too deep, so I wonder if it would let you reach the sides of the screen easily.

I still vote for this mockup,, only with the sides on swivel hinges and without the analog stick.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
D'oh, another wish-I-was-a-designer concept. There is no way the buttons would fit into that shell. It's far too small to harbor all the electronics. There's no room for the upper screen electronics. It's rubbish.

Why don't those wannabe designers talk to some wannabe engineers before they release crap like that to the public?

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's only one motherboard, by definition.

Ok theres a motherboard and a fatherboard, they get together to make you a babyboard

Fixed.
[offtopic]
this reminds me of the time in math class last year when my teacher put this problem on a test:
smile.gif
+
smile.gif
=
Since it was a test on different bases (hexadecimal, octal, etc.) we all thought it was base 1, so everyone answered
"
smile.gif
smile.gif
".
It turns out the question was supposed to be algebra (WTF) and the answer was "2:)".
We were arguing about this with my teacher, and I decided to make the conversation go off-topic.
me: But what if the smilies are a man and a woman? Then they could make a third smilie!
my teacher: But you don't know their genders.
me: well even if they were two men or two women, they could adopt or go to a sperm bank.
my teacher: BUT THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY UNETHICAL! Besides, the child would be growing up in a horrible environment!

That's when we came to the conclusion that my teacher was a homophobe...
[/offtopic]

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think keep the current DS Lite design, just improve on it.

-Better D-pad
-Better sound quality/loudness
-More power
-Better volume control
-Better shoulder buttons
-Make it more comfy to hold
-Better LCD's! Non-reflective and not rubbish looking when looked at from an angle.
-Media capabilities e.g micro media slot
-USB port
-Bluetooth. OK, it's getting stupid now, I'll stop!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say both of the concept designs are damn nice and I would love to have one in addition to my 'original Lite' (is that what we are going to be calling them?).

[offtopic]
this reminds me of the time in math class last year when my teacher put this problem on a test:
QUOTE said:
smile.gif
+
smile.gif
=
Since it was a test on different bases (hexadecimal, octal, etc.) we all thought it was base 1, so everyone answered
"
smile.gif
smile.gif
".
It turns out the question was supposed to be algebra (WTF) and the answer was "2:)".
That's when we came to the conclusion that my teacher was a homophobe...
[/offtopic]

There's really no such thing as base 1 since 0 can't be represented.
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1