[Concept] Metroid remade as a Call of Duty clone?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Futurdreamz, May 5, 2017.

1. Futurdreamz
    OP

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Imagine this:

Years after the Metroids have finally been eradicated, the civilizations that banded together no longer have any need to cooperate. Thus, war breaks out. Samus becomes the leader of one faction, and you control the footsoldiers and such while 50 foot projections of her preach the honor of your work.

Wouldn't that be epic?

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    NO FUCKING thanks don't want ANYTHING as a COD clone!

Lord M, gnmmarechal and THEELEMENTKH like this.
  3. Futurdreamz
    OP

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    It's a popular series. And Metroid remade into a war game would be epic.

4. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    an overrated series. metroid doesn't need to copy COD :P

8BitWonder, vinipeix and KiiWii like this.
  5. Futurdreamz
    OP

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Same as how Splatoon didn't need to copy FPSs

Felek666 likes this.
  6. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    remember what happened last time metroid tried to copy another game? (ninja gaiden) we got that shit balls other M

7. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    I think what you're suggesting is Halo

TotalInsanity4 and Dionicio3 like this.
  8. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    This sound like a cool concept, but why copy COD? There is plenty of better FPSs out there.

PlasmaWay and Bladexdsl like this.
  9. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    By these replies that's why nintendo nevers gets fps support from third parties.

10. Futurdreamz
    OP

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    ...Because I don't play ANY FPS games (except Splatoon when my internet isn't sukky) and so I don't really know the differences between them that well?

My point is that Nintendo can make Metroid into an adult shooter game, which they can market as "like the super popular X but better" while still retaining brand recognition from the people that remember Metroid on Gamecube and before. Can't really continue to say bullshit like Nintendo's for kids when there's blood and gore. And a NPC with a very Scottish/Australian accent/language, though that's pushing it.

Last edited by Futurdreamz, May 5, 2017
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  11. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Sounds like a game for Federation Force. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

12. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Sounds shite.

Futuredelusions

13. DutchyDutch

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
    Not really. I do hope that Nintendo is making the next Metroid game Pegi 16/ M for Mature since I think that would be sick, but I don't really want them to make it something like COD.

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    metroid is all about exploration and less about contant shooting and cover mechanics.

btw splatton isnt an fps.. its a 3rd person shooter, just becuase a game has guns does not qualify as an fps.

Also nintendo did make a mature FPS for the gc wich most poeople dont know its called geist, its an ok game and preety fun imo, it needed some improvements here and there but its preety fun, if you want a nintendo mature fps try geist or metroid prime trilogy.

Last edited by pedro702, May 7, 2017
    TotalInsanity4 and DutchyDutch like this.
  15. misterdarvus

misterdarvus GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Indonesia
    That would be a total disgrace. There are people that thinks Prime is a disgrace already since it switches into FPS from a sidescroller (eventhought I think it did pretty good on exploration departement). The last two entries are total disgrace already.

16. McBing

McBing Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Hell nah!! I totally hate this idea! Metroid is about the powerups the Exploration and the Story! This would just be another meaningless shooter. I'm not a big fan of the Prime trilogy either but they put it quite clever, so its ooookaaaay but I really prefer the 2d Metroids. We really need those back.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  17. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I'm trying to visualise it, but all I get is a questionable "where is the synergy?". :unsure:

Honestly: this is like combining potato chips with ice cream: it's not because you can that it's a good idea. It's not even about choosing one franchise over the other: it's that they are played for totally different reasons. I mean...okay, so you can put Samus (a character pretty much known for always acting alone) in the middle of a battle group, but what would be the reason? You can just as well put Kirby in there and let other soldiers suck up to the camera about how he formerly defeated Dedede.

Yeah...I know: a radically different universe quickly reveals the idea to be nothing but fan fiction. But that's the sort of critical thinking you might want to adopt when evaluating an idea: why would it be a good idea to combine two franchises?

18. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    First and foremost, why is Splatoon being called a first person shooter? A first person shooter is obviously, a shooter in first person or in other words, the game is seen/played through the eyes of the character you play as/control. Splatoon by all means, is definitely NOT a third person shooter. It would be more appropriate to call Splatoon a third person shooter.

On topic, I would prefer it if Metroid would just go back to being a platformer. I know that it wouldn't happen but maybe Nintendo would heed my wishes someday.

19. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    not a 1st person Metroid, we neeed a classic style 2d Metroid with giant world (worlds) to explore

20. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Better idea for a Metroid game! We put Samus in a 2D perspective with a large world to explore, filled with upgrades and secrets. This world will have a very open-world feel in this 2D settings and will be more adventure-based than standard 2D platformers.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, May 7, 2017
    Subtle Demise, Dionicio3, Yil and 2 others like this.