OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Click here for Github repo

Hello there. Now we may already know that Nintendo did not implement a Virtual Console of any kind into the DSi, and didn't even release a portable form of Virtual Console until 2011 when the 3DS came out. And here's the thing: I just got the idea of making a group of developers and other people who together can make forks out of emulators like GBARunner2, GameYob, and even NesDS with official-looking interfaces, the ability to better emulate using the DSi's increased power and create our own DSi Virtual Console running on HiyaCFW with likes similar to the 3DS, Wii and Wii U VC.

I already discussed this in the HiyaCFW discussion thread, but @Gericom and I thought it would be better to start a separate thread involving this.

Here are some concept images that I made:

MKSC_DSi_Menu.png

VC_Test.pdn_new.png

VC_Menu_new.png
VC_Menu_settings_new.png
VC_Menu_reset.png

upload_2017-8-1_21-19-21.png

Seem familiar?

It's best that the DSi VC look as official as possible, so I also linked a YouTube video of a Japanese DSi setup so you can see how the DSi Menu and System Settings work, including all the dialog animations and sprites, in case you haven't known yet. The video has no sound, though.

I just please need some DS homebrew developers who can be able to copy the emulator code over and add an official-looking interface, as well as single ROM loading and the DSi's enhanced clock speed abilities. Keep in mind that this may or may not be possible. I'm also thinking of making a potential new Windows application, that is capable of compiling DSi VC games like Asdolo's Ultimate VC Injectors, with some other people. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I just thought it would be cool to see something like this.

Last edited by CatmanFan,

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just throwing my thoughts out there:

The DSi only has 39 home menu slots. There are potential workarounds, but we'll see what happens.
This is a possibility for sure. In fact, I've managed to extract the DSi system settings graphics, and sent them Gericom's way for GBARunner2.
jEnesisDS won't happen. That emu was closed-source, so sadly no Genesis/MegaDrive, at least not without making/porting another emu.

This does look neat though! c:

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Just throwing my thoughts out there:

The DSi only has 39 home menu slots. There are potential workarounds, but we'll see what happens.
This is a possibility for sure. In fact, I've managed to extract the DSi system settings graphics, and sent them Gericom's way for GBARunner2.
jEnesisDS won't happen. That emu was closed-source, so sadly no Genesis/MegaDrive, at least not without making/porting another emu.

This does look neat though! c:
dude, stealing copyrighted graphics is not cool, I hope you are ready for jail...
Jokes aside, an emulator with a rom loader and official looking ui can be maid, and that way we are using only 1 slot.

Last edited by the assaf, , Reason: Accident
Reactions: CatmanFan

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, and the TWL clockspeed could make emulation better too. Sonic Classic Collection was a DSi-enhanced game that took advantage of that. It was simply just jEnesisDS packed into a Game Card.
Pretty sure that SCC is an improved version of jEnesisDS and not just overclocked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1