Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ss_preview_valve_044_375x500.jpg.jpg

A set of photos of concept art pinned up at Valve HQ has set tongues wagging that the Half Life developer has a new IP in the works.

The pictures, which you can see below, were captured by PC Gamer during a recent visit. They show a number of sci-fi themed character and hardware sketches that don't initially appear to be from the Half Life, Team Fortress or Left 4 Dead universes.

Intriguing stuff. Valve isn't the sort of outfit to let journalists surreptitiously snap nearly 30 pictures of internal art material and then post them on the web. But then deliberately leaking such a huge wedge of assets from an unannounced game doesn't seem too likely either. Heck, maybe we're all just being played.

Take a look and toss in your 10 cents.
[/p]

Source

View all the artwork

Half Fortress 2: Episode 3. That is all.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
SPH73 said:
Valve is highly overrated.
i disagree.

Honorable men can differ.

I loved Half Life 2 and Portal. But portal is short, really a DLC game, and Half Life 2 is good, but not the best game in its genre. (Plus portal has that pedophile / "delicious cake" reference that I don't agree with at all. (Child sexual abuse isn't funny ever.)

And it seems like this company takes forever to give people what they want. As a former fan I feel like they dangled a carrot in front of my nose for years... I finally got tired of waiting.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I wonder what this is about. I always liked Valve, I hope this is actually a new project, and a good one.

Looks like Sci-fi of the space kind.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
SPH73 said:

Valve just make every new IP, every new game, every new episode or every new application become a Masterpiece AND revolutionize it's genre (or generate a new one).
If this is overrated, I don't know what is rated right.
closedeyes.gif

P.S. ...but I know this this is written in a very bad English. xD

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@darkvivi, your English isn't that bad. It's easily readible at least ^.^
Also, is there anything new released about dota 2? It was announced like a year ago. And still nothing else ;/

Kinda excited for this new thingy
tongue.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DaRk_ViVi said:
SPH73 said:

Valve just make every new IP, every new game, every new episode or every new application become a Masterpiece AND revolutionize it's genre (or generate a new one).
closedeyes.gif

I don't hate Valve or anything, but what genre have they 'revolutionised'?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Shabutie78 said:
SPH73 said:
i disagree.

Honorable men can differ.

I loved Half Life 2 and Portal. But portal is short, really a DLC game, and Half Life 2 is good, but not the best game in its genre. (Plus portal has that pedophile / "delicious cake" reference that I don't agree with at all. (Child sexual abuse isn't funny ever.)

And it seems like this company takes forever to give people what they want. As a former fan I feel like they dangled a carrot in front of my nose for years... I finally got tired of waiting.

That's weird... I play games for my entertainment, I'm not gonna quit liking a company because they keep me waiting, I'm just gonna play one of there other great games.
*Playing Team Fortress 2 waiting for Half-Life 2 : Episode 3* - *Playing Team Fortress 2 waiting for Half-Life 2 : Episode 3* - *Playing Team Fortress 2 waiting for Half-Life 2 : Episode 3*, "I'm tired of waiting for episode 3 so I'm gonna stop liking Valve games because they're suddenly over rated". I don't know if I read what you said all wrong, but it sounds like you're impatient and because of that you no longer are a fan of Valve, do you still at least like them?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
(Plus portal has that pedophile / "delicious cake" reference that I don't agree with at all. (Child sexual abuse isn't funny ever.)

I'm quite sure that this supposed correlation between pedophilia and Portal's cake joke is the result of the twisted, perverse minds of internet users, and not Valve themselves. Such distasteful antics seem to contrast with the game's comparatively whimsical, benign sense of humor. :S

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks good, will probably be quite a while before it gets released though.....

anyway is it just me or does this remind you or Morpheus from The Matrix?
ss_preview_valve_071_375x500.jpg.jpg

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
BobTheJoeBob said:
DaRk_ViVi said:
SPH73 said:

closedeyes.gif

I don't hate Valve or anything, but what genre have they 'revolutionised'?

Half Life 1 was one of the first FPS with a really good story and not just based on pew pew.
Portal is a great puzzle game. Not a revolution, but for sure one of the best and innovative of his genre in the latest years.
Probably Counter-Strike and Team Fortress shouldn't be in the list, because they started outside of Valve, but, at least the first one, started as a mod of HL and TF became the must have it is now since the 2nd one (so we're back with Valve).

Talking about "applications", how can we forget about Source Engine and STEAM? The second one is undeniable a revolution in the whole videogame industry with it's Digital Delivery philosophy.
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaRk_ViVi said:
SPH73 said:

closedeyes.gif

They didn't revolutionize First-Person shooters, they just made exemplary examples of voice acting and Physics (especially Physics).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool