Compy to Xbox

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by TLSpartan, Nov 10, 2007.

Nov 10, 2007

Compy to Xbox by TLSpartan at 8:22 AM (610 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. TLSpartan
    OP

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Heres the deal. I want to install openSUSE on my compy as Ubuntu is getting really annoying [​IMG] . I have 40GB of stuff I want to keep and I have to format the HDD to install openSUSE. My flashed Xbox has a 80GB HDD with 60GB of space, so I want to store the files there. Is their a guide for doing this somewhere? Thanks in advance

EDIT-Topic Title supposed to be Compy to Xbox [​IMG]

2. Alastair

Member Alastair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    The easiest way is probably opening it up and plugging it straight into your computer hehe. I don't know your setup with the XBox but I used to use FlashFXP and just put in the XBox's IP address.

Edit: Can you not reduce the current OS's partition size, create a new one and install your new OS to that?

3. TLSpartan
    OP

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    I have tried resizing it. It will not let me [​IMG] . I am not at my mums right now but is FlashFXP included with Evox? Thanks for the help Alastair [​IMG]

EDIT- Taking out the HDD and putting it in my computer is a last resort.

EDIT 2- It is [​IMG] . Thanks Alastair. Will report if all goes well on Sunday [​IMG]

EDIT 3- jaymz_52 just gave me a link to the gparted livecd. Thanks for the help anyway, Alastair [​IMG]

4. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    should be able to connect to your xbox through flashfxp on the computer. Install flashfxp, turn on the xbox. Type in xbox IP into flashfxp password is usually: xbox username: xbox.

that's how I move stuff to and from mine anyway.

looks like you figured something out anyway [​IMG]