Computer section

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Magsor, Jan 23, 2012.

Jan 23, 2012

Computer section by Magsor at 5:44 AM (479 Views / 2 Likes) 7 replies

1. Magsor
    OP

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    I just noticed the name change of the computer section of the forum(a few minutes ago probably). I want to salute that I think it was necessary because computer gaming is more popular than ever.

I think you should make a forum subsection for gaming , one for computers and one for useful post(not quite tutorials just useful) just so there is not 20 stickies but the temp stays a gold mine for information; I have yet to learn about a lot of things and such a subsection would be an incentive for people to share their knowledge .
    A thread about speedtest should be stickied on computer section(maybe make a new one).

2 people like this.
  2. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    IDK, my suggestion is that I'd add a subforum for Computer Gaming & Emulation, and leave the parent for all other Computer & technology-related discussions. It'd definitely provide buffer on the issue of too many stickies. I don't think more than one subforum is necessary yet.. but I strongly agree.. it would also put buffer on having to go to previous pages for posts that aren't very old (things get bumped out of page 1 for this forum quite a bit quicker than other categories I keep tabs on).

Also, one personal suggestion/example, I'd written a guide about setting up PCSX2 (which is now in the Playstation 1& 2 subforum, though I always felt that there should be a transparent sticky link to it in the PC section.. it's where I originally made the thread, after all) since it requires a decent PC.

2 people like this.
  3. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

4. exangel

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/311578-emulating-playstation-2-with-pcsx2

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the stickys seem to have gotten out of hand again also

6. exangel

United States
    Computer Hardware & Technology
    • Computer Gaming & Emulation

how about that?

7. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I agree with the stickys being out of hand.

All there really needs to be is the desktop picture thread, essential PC games, essential freeware, steam community and Rydians Windows maintenance guide (all others could go in the general tutorial section?)

The stickies about games like Minecraft and Lime Odyssey (never heard of this game before in my life) should be unsticked. If they're that good of a thread, they won't get lost and besides, Minecraft rarely gets posted in and that Lime Odyssey looks like it's a thread for just a few people.

3 people like this.
  8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    There's a guide or two I'd like to bring over, but yeah the stickies are out of hand and that needs to be cleared first... though I'm not sure I agree with a split purely on gaming/tech subjects. I think they should be split according to priority first.

For example the infection removal/prevention guides are important and should stay (or at least a redirect "shadow" copy in the main forum), but the general windows maintenance guide and site-making guides I made aren't important and don't need to be stickied in the main section... however something like the top 50 freeware games thread is a very nice fit for the first section.

I think a tutorial subforum would be fine, given the slow pace in general of that section. Would cut back a lot on the non-important stickies, while making a place to put guides people make.

1 person likes this.