Hardware Computer occasionally freezing.

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
This happens very rarely, but it does. I have a quad core Intel Q6600 with 4 gigs of RAM (2.7 of which is recognized under XP), what happens is that once in a while, after leaving computer on for a long time, the computer freezes and I have to reboot. The redicolus thing is that this does not happen on my shitty Athlon 3000+ laptop... I don't overclock, and I have a huge CPU fan with low CPU temprature... What could be wrong...???

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One of my laptops does that ... for no apparent reason, it just locks up ... and it's not like it gets a strenuous work-out ... and it's the newest one, too
frown.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Try turning off the screen saver and/or the energy saving stuff (automatic monitor/hd/etc turn off)..

My old graphics card always crashed when the screen saver went on.. weird..

EDIT: Oh wait.. I think I got it wrong XP

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Powersaving would be one of my first thoughts as well (my old laptop used to bluescreen when the wireless card tried it) and it seems to rate almost as an afterthought for drivers (and your new (in the technological sense) hardware is more likely than most to suffer from it).

Grab a live disc of something (linux mint normally does for me http://linuxmint.com/ in these situations) and run that for a while (even better couple it with the memtest that a lot of distros come with these days and call it stability testing for your new machine).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol