Hardware Computer having problems when kicked

Brav0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So, my cousin had a PC in a old case and he found a much bigger case somewhere. Then, we put the motherboard and all the hardware in the new case and since that when the PC is kicked it randomly restarts. How can that be fixed?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop kicking it

In all seriousness there is most likely a short being caused somewhere, missing standoffs or something else

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
By not kicking the PC? Is it that hard? This may sound odd, but you know, most people keep their PC in such a position that it won't randomly suffer physical abuse.

Now, this post just leaves me with lots of questions that start with why like:
Why put stuff into a new case if the old one was working fine? If space wasn't an issue, why bother using an even bigger case?
Why is the computer getting kicked to begin with?

Brav0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
By not kicking the PC? Is it that hard? This may sound odd, but you know, most people keep their PC in such a position that it won't randomly suffer physical abuse.

Now, this post just leaves me with lots of questions that start with why like:
Why put stuff into a new case if the old one was working fine? If space wasn't an issue, why bother using an even bigger case?
Why is the computer getting kicked to begin with?

The PC was getting hot so my cousin said it needs more space and sometimes it restarts randomly.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
check if the wires are keeping in the fans way or touching somwhere... did your cousin used zip ties so the wires are not loose?

it can also be a loose or bad inserted ram... or gpu..

did your cousing also switched the old PSU for the new case?

try to lay down the computer (put it horizontally, check if it does the same problem (change the position while its off)

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, some of you are either very disrespectful or really dumb.

First of all, if a light kick can turn the power off it means that any accidental action that moves the computer is going to do so.
Second, these kind of issues can only get worse in time. Now it's a kick, tomorrow a push and then whenever he puts something on the desk the vibrations will shake it enough to make it turn off.

Stop acting like le entitled and post only if you have a serious solution.

Have you tried with a different ac cable?

Brav0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yeah, it was a light kick. And also, since that after windows has booted there are a ton of blue lines so we think the gpu is dead. He wants to buy a new one but he said that if the same kicking problem occurs then the new gpu can get fu**** up too. And yes, he tried another ac cable.

Gamefreakjf11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check all the power cables connecting to everything. Try using onboard graphics. It if still occurs its not the gpu. You might also try re-seating everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.