OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an integrated graphics card which is pretty bad.. but i thought it would at LEAST be able to play Warcraft III.. its a fairly new computer more towards the high-end too.. Am i doing something wrong or are there any tweaks i can do to be able to play Warcraft III without any lag? (lags even with lowest graphics settings) Also I can run Civilization IV fine..

specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 GHz
1791 ram (i guess memory card leeches.. i got a 2 gb stick though)
320 gb hd
nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430
help?!

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The onboard video should be plenty for warcraft III, try updating the video driver directly from nvidia for windows vista, if you already did that, it might be vista having the problem with warcraft III.

edit - try this link for autodetecting the latest driver for your system. Nvidia drivers

also great avatar
grog.gif

simoonsoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks lol. ur avatar coo too..
man it never occurred that xp would work better.. i prefer 2000 so if im able to find som1 wif a 2000 i think i ll do that.. man jes when ive started to get used to vista too.. hmm ima try updating driver..

also ive never tried but is there a way to like remove vista n jes add xp/2000 without reformatting?

Infinitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have integrated graphics, Vista is no way to go. The fact that Vista itself is a RAM hog plus your onboard graphics also using some ram, for simple things for the Aero interface (pah) and sidebar...

I say either get a DX10 card (if you are not a really hardcore gamer, then don't) or switch to XP.

Best wishes to you.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
No way there shuld be any problems at all with running WC3, i remember playing that game over at a friends house with a pentium 2 @ 500MHz, 128MB RAM and a GeForce 2 card. we played at close to lowest quialty but it was no problems at all.

If it isn't vista, maybe it's something with integerated cards and WC3 as a game... You should try to use XP if you're able to, or you should get a new graphics card.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have integrated graphics, Vista is no way to go. The fact that Vista itself is a RAM hog plus your onboard graphics also using some ram, for simple things for the Aero interface (pah) and sidebar...

I say either get a DX10 card (if you are not a really hardcore gamer, then don't) or switch to XP.

Best wishes to you.
Vista is a RAM hog only if you have plenty RAM. My PC uses 2X the RAM on Vista than a computer with inferior specs. But if you got the RAM, why not use it?

The RAM thing speeds up your computer, thats why its there.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's not a ram hog at all. Superfetch and similar programs look like they are using a lot of ram, but that gets cleared as soon as you open something that uses a lot of ram. My Vista rig uses 30% of 2GB while idle (idle=peerguardian, antivirus, µtorrent)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise