Computer freezes when logging in to desktop

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've been having this issue where when I try to log in to my computer, it freezes after I type the password and press enter. A minute later it gives the error KMODE EXCEPTION...

I know that I could reset my computer but there are a few problems,
1. My computer doesn't have a BIOS.
2. I've tried booting into safe mode and it works there.

My computer is a Lenovo ideapad U310 from 2015. 8gb ram and i7.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Sounds like either a bad startup program or corrupt system files.

Since you can get into safe mode, you should be able to access and post the dump reports from your BSoD and post them here so the people who know can find out exactly which files are causing your crash.

Meanwhile one thing you can try is disabling startup programs using msconfig. Also scan your drive for errors.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've been having this issue where when I try to log in to my computer, it freezes after I type the password and press enter. A minute later it gives the error KMODE EXCEPTION...

I know that I could reset my computer but there are a few problems,
1. My computer doesn't have a BIOS.
2. I've tried booting into safe mode and it works there.

My computer is a Lenovo ideapad U310 from 2015. 8gb ram and i7.

Just format it to a brand new factory setting and you are all set. Unless you have important information and pics there then you should back up your files before you do this. To be honest with you, Lenovo sucks.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just format it to a brand new factory setting and you are all set. Unless you have important information and pics there then you should back up your files before you do this. To be honest with you, Lenovo sucks.
How many antiviruses do you have installed? This can happen if you have more than one due to the way they hook into the kernel.
I have decided to just reset my computer with a fresh install of Windows 10. I'll report back if any issues happen again.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have decided to just reset my computer with a fresh install of Windows 10. I'll report back if any issues happen again.
Update: So I decided to play BotW on the Switch leaving my computer on, then an hour or two later, a blue screen came up with an error code of: [MEMMORY MANAGEMENT].

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: So I am playing a bit more of BotW leaving the computer on. Every 20 minutes or so it gives a blue screen with CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED... I don't even touch the computer while playing and this has happened 5 times already. Keep in mind that I installed Windows 10 fresh one week ago.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: So I am playing a bit more of BotW leaving the computer on. Every 20 minutes or so it gives a blue screen with CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED... I don't even touch the computer while playing and this has happened 5 times already. Keep in mind that I installed Windows 10 fresh one week ago.
Sounds like your video card or RAM sticks are dying then.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Or possibly a hard drive IO failure.

Edit: a memtest would identify a RAM error, a stress test from a live CD or USB would identify a graphics/CPU failure, but I get the feeling it's a dying HDD.
Same. OP can test the SMART status with an inbuilt OEM test or with something like Parted Magic.

th3_r3v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The KMODE error usually happens around the bootloader file time... however, I do believe it represents a fatal corruption in the windows kernel. I do not personally know of any workarounds or fixes besides a format and reimage with a good copy. Tough to say how the win kernel gets corrupted but it happens.

If you can get in via safe mode, I would try to get to the error logs and look to see if it's one of the win authentication processes that's causing the login corrupt. mdam, uac, or other...

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
have a look at your "even display?" or however this is called in English ... in German it is "Ereignisanzeige"
there Windows shows you a propper error message with time stamp and whatever.

Usually it give an error code you can search up online to find out the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.