compression, soft reset, and save qus

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by midget35, Aug 9, 2006.

1. midget35
    OP

midget35 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2006
    If anyone knows the answers to these questions, please let me know! Links to reference sources are very welcomed!

Compression:
    1. what is the average % compression for a game that can be achieved with the G6?
    2. Can compressing the rom stop a game from working correctly?

3. Can copying a game to the G6 with 'soft reset' enabled stop a game from working correctly?
    4. Once and for all!- Does the G6 save instantly to the cart, or is it temporarily stored before next load?
    5. Once and for all!- Does the G6 need to be charged on the usb (even for a one-off), or does it charge enough in the ndsl?

Thanks a lot for your answers guys- please only respond if you're quite sure of waht you're saying!

2. kingeightsix

kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Capital
    well, i don't know if i'm 'quite sure' of this...
    but when you save a game, turn off your micro & turn it back on...
    the g6 loader tells you it's processing data and you should NOT turn off the system.
    (so i did a check immediately afterwards)
    i turned off the system AFTER the data was processed & turned it back on and it just went straight into the g6 menu
    it didn't tell me it was processing data at all.

with that, i strongly believe that the g6 temporarily stores it's information before the next load.

3. kingeightsix

kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Capital
    i haven't had the g6 lite long enough to figure this one but most other flashcarts do require you to charge through usb. it's not a hard process... while you're charging your gba/gbasp/gbm/nds/ndsl at night, just pop in your g6 to charge in the usb. that way, you'll ensure that you have enough battery in both.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice