Hacking Compress ROMs?

FuManChuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be missing something.... I have the newest Supercard software, and the compress icon is grey'd out. I have a supercard lite rumble (thug style baby). Can you only compress GBA roms or something? (thats the only time i've ever seen it referenced. Thanks

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can you only compress GBA roms or something?
I would think so. GBA games have to be loaded into RAM on the cart, so it wouldn't really make a difference if they were compressed in the flash memory. DS roms are played directly from the flash memory, so compressing them would cause problems.

FuManChuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm... all I gotta say is, trim does all the space saving i need.... 1.1 gig of games got trimmed down to 703meg.... awesome
biggrin.gif
:D

dblank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just for fun, try compressing them as well, I'd bet you'll save several hundred more MB (I do with mine)

I wish it were possible to decompress .nds right on the DS before running, but I think I'll have to write an app to do it myself.

Hrm... all I gotta say is, trim does all the space saving i need.... 1.1 gig of games got trimmed down to 703meg.... awesome
biggrin.gif
:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...