Hardware Components used on the Switch (mostly the motherboard and main console)

KCVW

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe RSX101VA-30 or equivalent
This problem was solved after looking more closely at the LCD connector ..............
Previous owner or "repair shop" managed to replace this connector 1 pad wrong and thus creating al kinds of shorts.
After putting it on the right way the short was gone and the LCD was working perfectly.
Don't remember if i had to replace the LCD becauce of these shorts.
It's been allmost 11 months ago.

WALK323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello everyone. I have a problem with the screen in switch oled. It all started with the fact that through my fault there was a short circuit dat0 to the ground. After the short circuit was eliminated, the screen stopped showing the image, but the switch works and outputs the video to the TV. Can anyone help find the problem?

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
describe in more details what happens, what your modchip is showing, add pictures etc.
too hard to provide help when so much info is missing

WALK323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
describe in more details what happens, what your modchip is showing, add pictures etc.
too hard to provide help when so much info is missing
I removed the modchip to make it easier to find the problem. The console works, loads into HOS, outputs to the TV, but the console's oled screen does not work. I can add pictures later.

WALK323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Did you reflow the eMMC DAT0 point?
Yes, I didn't use dat0 adapter. But it was long before the problem occurred and the switch worked well. The dat0 short circuit to the ground occurred in the area of the metal cover of the emmc due to a substandard wire, the insulation of which was damaged. Now the console is working fine, if you connect the modchip, then hacking the switch goes fine. But the console does not display the image on its screen. Could anything have been damaged due to the fact that the console was turned on with a short circuit dat0 to the ground?

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not in regards to the eMMC memory. If your console boots, shows image on the dock, then the memory is absolutely guaranteed to be fine.
But if you flip the board over, you will find that the display connector sits right behind the eMMC. If that was not properly shielded from the heat, it easily could have deformed. Can you post a high resolution picture of the connector? My guess is this is due for replacement.

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any component that controls the communication between the console and joycons? I have a joycon that does not connect to the console, (does not detect when physically connected). I've already tested the joycon on another console and everything works ok. The rail has clean pins, and I have reflushed the contacts. Everything seems ok. I'm really in the dark.

chienthan91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Can anyone help me identify this capacitor value which is missing near cpu in Erista board ?
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20220302_234858~2.jpg
    IMG_20220302_234858~2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 117

blastsnes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi here.

I wonder if anyone knows the value of the CMD resistor (OLED switch) when measured in circuit.

I get approximately 1.7KOhm, I wonder if that seems correct. I don’t have the equipment to remove it and put it back in place to get the real value.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by blastsnes,

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi here.

I wonder if anyone knows the value of the CMD resistor (OLED switch) when measured in circuit.

I get approximately 1.7KOhm, I wonder if that seems correct. I don’t have the equipment to remove it and put it back in place to get the real value.

I am asking because my switch boots with a purple screen, and I soldered and unsoldered a wire on that resistor quite a few times while testing.

Thanks a lot!

cmd is 4.7k ohm

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Anyone here knows where I can buy this chip

Attachments

• 116964B9-C025-46D8-938D-A69F3731E030.jpeg
    116964B9-C025-46D8-938D-A69F3731E030.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 9F7130C2-9328-4EA5-9C30-39EB100BAD4D.jpeg
    9F7130C2-9328-4EA5-9C30-39EB100BAD4D.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 46
  • BFD2CF12-563D-4415-85EC-E65B18DAAA03.jpeg
    BFD2CF12-563D-4415-85EC-E65B18DAAA03.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 72

blastsnes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the reply, even though this does not answer my question.

Sure, I found the value in the thread, but what value should I read on my multimeter when the resistor is soldered on the pcb?

Replying to myself, it seems that we should read 4.7K in this particular case. I replaced the resistor and now the switch works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2