Component video malfunctioning

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by RodPN, Jul 29, 2010.

Jul 29, 2010

Component video malfunctioning by RodPN at 9:30 PM (699 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. RodPN
    OP

Member RodPN GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    This isn't technically a Wii problem, but maybe you guys can help me.

See I bought a set of component cables for the Wii but when I turned on the 480p display on the Wii menu a black bar appeared in the middle of the screen and the image split into two, with the left side of the image on the right of the screen, and vice versa

I have an old 4:3 TV but it does have component jacks and i said it's not technically a Wii problem because the DVD player does the exact same thing when i turn on the component feature

2. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    There are TV's that support component cables but yet run in 480i as their highest setting! Try the game in 480i and see if you still have that problem!

3. RodPN
    OP

Member RodPN GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    it runs normal in 480i, the weird thing is that the TV has a Component setting as well (Video 1, 2, 3, component)

4. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    My Old Hitachi 32inch CRT had a component channel but still only supported 480I! Still the picture was great and in some ways makes the Wii look better than my current Samsung LCD!