Component to scart:help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by TyrianCubed, Jan 2, 2007.

Jan 2, 2007

Component to scart:help! by TyrianCubed at 11:29 PM (1,037 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. TyrianCubed
    OP

Member TyrianCubed Gamer 1989 to present

Italy
    I could get an LCD tv (LG 20LC1R) at a very low price from a friend of mine. I want to get rid of my crappy 14" SD tv and to be able to display the Wii at 480p. The aforementioned lcd tv has a resolution of 640x480 and supports progressive scan, but has no component input, only composite, s-video (both on AV2) and scart (AV1).
    I tried today connecting the Wii to the madcatz component cable, then I used a component-scart adapter cable to connect it to the tv. Note that this adapter cable only has the 3 video jacks of the component (blue, green, red).Since the two cables had both male jacks I used a female-female adapter.
    So it is this way: Wii-->component cable-->female-female-->component scart adapter-->tv

But when I turn on the tv on av1 there's no image displaying. The composite connection on av2 works though.

What could be the problem? Could it be the component-scart adapter that lacks the audio connection and this creates a prob with the scart? A guy I know on the net sent me a pic of how he got his wii connected to his tv (that supports progressive scan but has only the scart input) and he got it working.

here are two pics he sent me:
    photo 1
    photo 2

mine is the same except it lacks the two audio connectors.
    I hope someone can give me a suggestion about how to solve this problem, please help!
    thanks!