Component cables in 2017

CrashMidnick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

Is there any place in Europe (or worldwide) where I can buy new component cables for the orginial Xbox such as the Monster ones ? I mean not bad quality chinese cables found on ebay : I have tried 2 or 3 third party cables from there from different suppliers, picture quality is not too bad but sound is terrible (like amplified making noise in my speakers).

Thanks.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've had bad luck with the cheapo Chinese ones.

Never heard anything good about other ones, except the official ones, but their extremely expensive to get a hold of unfortunately

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cheapo (back in the day anyway) cables always did fine for me, though I can well believe. I do also have to do the idiot check thing and make sure you are running a NTSC xbox or used the enigmah video switcher on a PAL one, and regardless have made sure your dash is set to higher res*.

*some of the deinterlacers on more recent TVs have been crap so maybe consider 720p instead of 1080i, though said same TVs often have crap upscalers too so that might not be ideal either. Worth a try though.

You can also make your own if you want. Cannibalise a set of nice shielded cables, do the proper mode select jumpers and that should make something better than MS ever made. http://www.gamesx.com/avpinouts/xbox.htm has a pinout and there is probably a guide around somewhere if you want. Don't quote me on this but there is probably nothing to it other than cables and the selection -- no capacitors or anything, though I suppose you could add one for some extra filtering if you really wanted. To that end it is probably a 10 minute job for anybody that can solder, and not a bad one to learn on.

CrashMidnick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks mates for your replies.

In fact I have 2 modded XBOX's, one has component cables called if I remember well "Dragon master XCM" or something, and it works really good on both consoles and same TV. Both Consoles have the same setup except the HDD size (NTSC, 720P). They are connected to the same audio system.

When using the cheapo cables, they both react the same: at 1/3 of my system volume there is that damn sound like when you disconect the red and white cables for the audio and make a contact when the source is powered on. I think that those cables are not enough shielded.

Anyway, I'll try to find a second hand monster cable or a Microsoft cable at a good price, if not I will mod a XBOX 360 cable ;)

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all