Hacking Completley lost with my R4i 3ds gold RTS and new 3ds XL.

MrFluff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Everyone!
So I recently ordered an R4i card in hopes to play DS games on my NN3DS, but I cant figure out how to get the card to work.
R4I3DSRTS__51965_zoom.jpg

My NN3DS version is 9.8.0-25U and ive downloaded the latest V1.82b kernel for the "R4i-SDHC 3DS" from r4i-sdhc.com
As far as installing the kernel thats all straight forward, and as long as my version is correct I dont see that being a problem.
Before I select the flashcart icon on my 3ds, its the Konomi digital entertainment image.
R4i-Gold-3DS-Icon.jpg

When I open it, the screen goes black, flashes white for about a second and then goes black for good. This happens whether I have my microsd card in the flashcard or not. Ive formatted my sd card to be fat32. However, its an older microsd card-could that be the problem here? I dont really want to spend the extra cash on a microsd card unless thats 100% the problem here. Any advice would be fantastic And I would great if Ic ould get a little help..

patje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Everyone!
So I recently ordered an R4i card in hopes to play DS games on my NN3DS, but I cant figure out how to get the card to work.
R4I3DSRTS__51965_zoom.jpg

My NN3DS version is 9.8.0-25U and ive downloaded the latest V1.82b kernel for the "R4i-SDHC 3DS" from r4i-sdhc.com
As far as installing the kernel thats all straight forward, and as long as my version is correct I dont see that being a problem.
Before I select the flashcart icon on my 3ds, its the Konomi digital entertainment image.
R4i-Gold-3DS-Icon.jpg

When I open it, the screen goes black, flashes white for about a second and then goes black for good. This happens whether I have my microsd card in the flashcard or not. Ive formatted my sd card to be fat32. However, its an older microsd card-could that be the problem here? I dont really want to spend the extra cash on a microsd card unless thats 100% the problem here. Any advice would be fantastic And I would great if Ic ould get a little help..

You have the wrong firmware you must download it from www.r4ids.cn and nit from r4i-sdhc.com

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You have the wrong firmware you must download it from www.r4ids.cn and nit from r4i-sdhc.com

You're a hero. Thank you so much!

Can you guys be a bit more specific?

I tried placing the "__rpg" folder and the "_DS_MENU.DAT" file on the root of the microSD card, from the "Wood_R4iGold_V1.64.rar" that I got from the r4ids.cn website and I'm getting a black screen, same as the OP.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Can you guys be a bit more specific?

I tried placing the "__rpg" folder and the "_DS_MENU.DAT" file on the root of the microSD card, from the "Wood_R4iGold_V1.64.rar" that I got from the r4ids.cn website and I'm getting a black screen, same as the OP.
does a message appear saying error as occurred? or just black?

did you format the micro sd card with sda formatter? https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html

is your card from r4ids.cn? (double check the sticker)

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
does a message appear saying error as occurred? or just black?

did you format the micro sd card with sda formatter? https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html

is your card from r4ids.cn? (double check the sticker)

No message appears. Just flashes white for a brief moment and then a black screen.

Yes, I have used SDFormatter, because the microSD card (SanDisk SDHC 32 GB Extreme UHD-I U3) was in a Sky3DS and it needed to be reformatted...

Same card as the OP, same game icon on the 3DS homescreen, sticker and everything.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Oh, I see...

I have tried anything I could possibly think of.

It doesn't work with the default Toshiba 4 GB class 4 card from the N3DS either. Maybe the flashcart is defective.

How did you solve it, MrFluff?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Unfortunately, that didn't work either.

OP left the thread hanging in the air. I hate it when people say "thanks, I got it working" without actually saying what they did.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
images

This image is displayed as an icon on the home screen, regardless if it contains a MicroSD card inside or not. When I start it (again, with or without a card inside), it displays a white screen for about a second or so, then the screen stays black.

It made me think that maybe the contacts for the MicroSD card are busted, so I opened the flashcart (it was very easy, Chinese piece of shit plastic), but they seem ok to me.

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
PS: It's a "Revision D" board. Do I need to update it or something on a DS Lite or using a second DS flashcart?

Later Edit: Returned it and bought a R4i Gold Pro instead. :( It was cheaper too, go figure.

Last edited by DSpider,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt