Hacking Completely Stuck with neek2o (and WiiFlow)

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using neek by default means you are always rebooting the console at game launch, and always rebooting at game exit.
it's way faster to just use the cIOS emuNAND mode for non problematic games, you'll have direct return to USBGX at game exit without console reboot.

Neek also has some limitation, like cheats not working from USBGX.
You also cannot change the settings directly from the loader (video mode, region, aspect ratio, etc.) : all these things need to be done in the hidden Neek sysMenu itself, and will affect all future launched games.
Ideally you'll end up with 3 different emuNAND and disabling neek's region free setting : one per region, especially japanese Wiiware/VC games not working on non japanese emuNAND.

But the main reason is launch time/console reboot/return to loader.
if you have hundreds of installed channels, it'll take longer to boot neek.
If you have long load time in the loader, use the modded version with cache support (not officially released).

Yes, that is true. Using Neek does reboot the console at launch and then reboots it when you exit. Yes, I will be doing further testing with cIOS emuNAND set to "full". Going back to USB Loader GX is a big benefit as oppose to rebooting the whole Wii U. I haven't given much thought about playing Japanese Wiiware/VC games. I am not sure how to get into the hidden Neek sysMenu. Can you let me know how to boot into it? I pressed 1 and 2 and neek froze.

Now, the reasons I gave are a little flowed, because I think USBGX has a bug in channel launching, which render some settings innactive, like aspect ratio. I think it works fine with wiiflow, some someday someone would have to check the differences and fix it.
If cheats are not working, you need to change the channel boot mode (in settings > loader settings > channel mode : normal/boot.dol)

Ah, I see you fixed your problem then :)
I detailed how it worked, and why, etc.
I could have tell you "keep the wiiu menu" channel, but you see, I like explaining more than needed haha ;)

Anyway, glad you found the solution and get everything working like you want.

I do not like wiiflow. Hopefully if someone likes wiiflow they can check and fix it. Thank you for letting me know how to enable cheats on USB Loader GX. Yes, I like the "more explaining" than needed as it gives more ideas of possible trouble shooting and I read and tested them all and I pin pointed a problem with enabling Ustealth with the "fat" cIOS file causing my Wii U to not be able to reboot after running it.. Thank you and Godreborn so much for your help. My Wii U thanks you very much as well, I must have disconnected my Wii U and reconnect it about 25-30 times when I was trying to find out what the issue was. Hopefully it doesn't mess up my Wii U.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to boot directly into neek? change the emunand path to your neek's emunand, then go into features and click boot neek or whatever it says in there. it will take you to the vwii menu. press 1 and 2 at the same time over the disc channel to get a list of features. that's how you'll know you're there. remember, it takes as long to boot the menu as how many games you have installed to the neek nand. that's why you just want the ones that need it on there. it can take anywhere from a few seconds to minutes depending on that. watch your hdd's activity light to know that it's doing something. it should be flashing. if it's not flashing, something is wrong.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have to hold B too. here's what it looks like with 2 games in neek2o:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this upload should work.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: Panchosfriend

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
press 1 and 2 at the same time over the disc channel to get a list of features.
I didn't know that!

I knew 1 for game mounting list, and 2 for hidden menu.
you need font.bin in sneek folder to see that hidden menu, and it may take some times to be available after booting into need (20-30seconds) before you see it onscreen.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...not sure. I've only known about 1 and 2, but I think it might need B. it did take about thirty seconds before anything appeared.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have to hold B too. here's what it looks like with 2 games in neek2o:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this upload should work.

Thank you for the video. I will create a new NAND and boot neek. I tried what you did yesterday and pressed 1 and 2, but neek froze and system made a sound. I had to disconnect the Wii U and reconnect it. I will try this today and press 1 and 2 and B at the same time and hopefully that boots up the neek hidden system.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen that happen before, and I think it might be related to the di.bin. it wasn't present at the time, so I'm just guessing.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen that happen before, and I think it might be related to the di.bin. it wasn't present at the time, so I'm just guessing.

Just tested it and you are correct about the di.bin being related. I ran a test with the di.bin and neek froze when I pressed 1, 2 and B. When I ran the test without the di.bin, it brought up the hidden sysmenu. It is confusing as it only let me choose from the programs that are installed on the emuNAND screen. I saw the region pick was at the top of the list, but I was unable to change the setting.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the di.bin is somehow related to the disc channel. I'm not sure about changing options. @Cyan might be able to explain more about that. I only use the switch to neek option to test if neek is working.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never did that 1+2+B combo, so I'm not even aware what that menu contains.
the di.bin is only used to be able to mount (extracted or wbfs if using neek2o) discs into the disc channel.

If you don't plan to play Tintin, Driver, We Dare, or another problematic games, you don't need di.bin at all, you can use USBloader interface for that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it might've been just 1 or 2 that I thought you had to press together (not sure about B now after you mentioned it taking about 20-30 seconds for the hidden menu to appear). I don't typically mess with neek2o's system menu, just test it if it works in case something is wrong when running games. I'm assuming that since his works now that the games work or at least reboot correctly. you said it would reboot to wii u channel if you have it rebooting to usb loader gx? that's the way I have mine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I remember we dare being problematic on the original wii. I had read that it couldn't be played soft modded, but it can with neek? I have a wiikey version 1 in my system, so I ended up burning the disc. that at least works. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn